Jesse Lingard

Are Man U really going to keep him, pay him to sit on the bench and lose him for nothing at the end of the season? 

I’d understand if it was West Ham or Spurs but there’s absolutely no threat from us. 

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Are Man U really going to keep him, pay him to sit on the bench and lose him for nothing at the end of the season? 

I’d understand if it was West Ham or Spurs but there’s absolutely no threat from us. 

Not now .. but next season could be different.. they want us down 

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Not now .. but next season could be different.. they want us down 

It could take years to get to a level to challenge the top 4 teams. If that’s the aim of PIf it’ll happen anyway so not sure why they’d be such bellends over a loan deal for a nearly out of contract player. 

16 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

SSN reckon we've given up on Lingard

So, are we aiming far too high, or is it just going to be incredibly difficult to sign anyone (other than massively overpriced end of career type strikers from relegation rivals)?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

So, are we aiming far too high, or is it just going to be incredibly difficult to sign anyone (other than massively overpriced end of career type strikers from relegation rivals)?

In January its hard to sign any good player.

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

From what I've read Martial went on loan to Sevilla for free, they just had to pay his wages but man u quoted us £5m for the same loan. I think its obvious whats going on here.

Yeah I saw that too but that could be bollocks

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

From what I've read Martial went on loan to Sevilla for free, they just had to pay his wages but man u quoted us £5m for the same loan. I think its obvious whats going on here.

Well not really, the 2 situations are not remotely comparable.

In Martial, they'll still have a saleable player in the summer who - if he does well in Spain - could increase in value

In Lingard, if they loan him to us now rather than selling him to someone now then they lose any possibility of ever getting a transfer fee from him

I'm not saying Man U are being fair to us, but A) why should they? and B) if they're not, I don't think them not wanting a fee for Martial is any kind of proof of that

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

Read somewhere that due to the Webster ruling, Lingard can buy himself out of his contract for £2.6m.

Could explore that?

That's an easy fix if it's true. Can't believe if it would be that simple though.

12 minutes ago, Sima said:

Read somewhere that due to the Webster ruling, Lingard can buy himself out of his contract for £2.6m.

Could explore that?

No

Edited by gdm

Sorry haven't kept up. So is it that Man Utd are not allowing this to happen instead of the player himself does not want to join us? Such a weird move. He's out of contract, we want to pay a loan fee and cover his wages yet Man Utd want to punish a player that they rarely play because he doesn't want to sign a new deal? And paying him to get punished too? Such cuntish and kinky behaviour.

Edited by nufcjb