Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Obviously we are roasted on the break everytime but the defence has stayed organized and grown into the game. Likewise some of our attacking play has been reasonable. 

Same problems though with nothing offered in the box, players looking unfit an unable to run back. We lack SOO much to be in this league comfortably 

Decent for spells but players on different wavelengths again. These look like they just got together in the past month instead of playing together for years. How long do they need to get some cohesion going?

I don’t think this has been half bad. We were always going to be on the back foot at times due to their extreme fitness and tempo thanks to Bielsa’s work over many years. But to me it looks like we have a plan and we have threatened them at times. But since our players are turboshit (most of them anyways) it’s always going to look a bit off at times. I actually think we’ll win this. 

Edited by clintdempsey

No lack of effort even if we, as usual, look like we haven't a clue what to do when we have a sight of goal. Wood looked a little frustrated at times, we're not even remotely playing to his strengths. He's made the odd couple of nice knock-ons but we need to do more to use him.

Lascelles really is tragic and needs removing from the team immediately.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

That was promising tbh. Defended well and started becoming a threat towards the end. We could win this.

It wasn't as grim as many are making out on here and Jonjo had been robbed of a sure goal by their keeper. Some changes second half and we could win this, just hope they don't switch off.

Just now, LRD said:

Decent for spells but players on different wavelengths again. These look like they just got together in the past month instead of playing together for years. How long do they need to get some cohesion going?

Aye, this was my thought as well. It’s like watching a bunch of strangers at times.