Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

I dont know, i actually thought that we were almost the better side there. There is just zero confidence or ability in the final third. Probably will lose this but, that some of the comments here? Yes, Willock was lazy to track back in that one situation, but overall the team is trying with very limited ability.

Just now, LRD said:

Decent for spells but players on different wavelengths again. These look like they just got together in the past month instead of playing together for years. How long do they need to get some cohesion going?

So disjointed going forward at times, ASM leaving that ball for Fraser who didnt move and Trippier/Fraser not on the same wavelength in the final third stand out like 

CB's have actually done quite well for us today after a shaky start. The midfield is still shit, Shelvey not involved much as usual, Willock not showing the best touch, but I like his runs, and he's tried a few one-twos which is what makes football happen. Fuck the haters. 

When you're not watching the game, its really hard to get an accurate picture of how the game has went based on this forum, some people seem to think we've done well, and are looking positive, others think we've been alright but probably being edged and are second best, while other think we've been atrocious :lol: 

Not losing to Leeds’ reserves basically, totally outplayed though and again, once they open the scoring, we will fold like a deck of cards!

Thought we've done well enough and tactically got it spot on, still got the same glaring problems in most positions and Big Joe getting injured a disaster but more confident of getting something out of this now than beforehand

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

It wasn't as grim as many are making out on here and Jonjo had been robbed of a sure goal by their keeper. Some changes second half and we could win this, just hope they don't switch off.

Agree. Some of the moaners on this thread are really a pain in the arse. 

Just now, joeyt said:

I thought Trippier was quite poor that half

I thought his passing was superb, as usual. Couple of times he chased and abandoned his position, but he's clearly streets ahead of everyone else in our team in terms of ability and assertiveness.

We've done OK but we've barely threatened goal other than the Shelvey screamer. So frustrating to watch all our build up play end with a fluffed pass or just dallying on the ball and having it took off us. No decisiveness and no composure, really shot of confidence.

Just now, Nine said:

So disjointed going forward at times, ASM leaving that ball for Fraser who didnt move and Trippier/Fraser not on the same wavelength in the final third stand out like 

Willock is making runs we're not used to and Trippier [who isn't used to playing for us] has found him on a couple of occasions. Need Willock to be a little more composed in those situations.