Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
Just now, Shearergol said:

Really? In what way?

I can think of two worse defenders out of the four, but you’re picking him out?

They got in like 3/4 times behind him.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

When you're not watching the game, its really hard to get an accurate picture of how the game has went based on this forum, some people seem to think we've done well, and are looking positive, others think we've been alright but probably being edged and are second best, while other think we've been atrocious :lol: 

We're not playing great football mate, I can understand why some are upset, but we are giving it a go, and we've threatened their goal as much as they've threatened ours. We are in this. 

Ignore the haters, most of them probably aren't watching either. 

Not bad first half. Their linkup approach play is better and Raphi is clearly class, but we're the team with a striker on the pitch and have worked set pieces the best.

Wood got called for two non-fouls there, so maybe the ref is a homer. ASM put it in after the second of the two.

Nice test of Howe here. It looks like there is a result out there if we play this right.

Just now, wyn davies said:

Think they're doing OK, draw would be fine but may pull off a win unexpectedly 

They’ve faced the most shots this season in PL. You can get at them but we just aren’t spotting or running into the space their defenders leave. 

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Final ball by both teams is poor.

Was thinking the same but there have been a few decent ones where there's just no one there as well. A couple from them and Fraser's to the back post should have had someone getting in there.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I've really bounced back and forth on my opinion of Fraser the last few weeks. At times he's looked to be showing signs of improvement, particularly with his pressing and ability to deliver a decent cross, but more often than not he just seems too one-dimensional and lacks any real explosive pace to make him an effective player given his key strength (crossing).

We just don't look like we know how to attack. Which is annoying, because Howe came in to rectify that. In our first game under him we attached really well even though we only got a draw, but since then we've looked turgid and I just cannot ever see where a goal is coming from aside from getting lucky from a moment of magic or a set penis.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

They’ve faced the most shots this season in PL. You can get at them but we just aren’t spotting or running into the space their defenders leave. 

True. That's why I think it's important to keep Willock on, he's threatening even if he's not clicked yet. 

Just now, TRon said:

True. That's why I think it's important to keep Willock on, he's threatening even if he's not clicked yet. 

Hes been ok going forward but horrendous defensively. 

I’d keep him on but thats more because there’s nobody else.