Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Some big performances today, Schar motm for me, Shelvey just behind and Willock after spending the first 30 minutes frustrating everyone comes off looking more like the Willock we were desperate to spend £20m on. Even though Longstafg had a decent game by his standard, Mank looked 10x better than Dummett when he came on and even Clark was solid. Wood won a lot of long balls but wasn't much use after that, ASM poor today.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Fucking YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

Football is chaos. Fucking brilliant, get the fuck in! Drink it in boys, drink it in!

I was telling Shelvey to fuck off for sending Trippier away from that free kick right up until the moment it went in, like. :lol:

Same - was livid that it wasn't Trips taking it, right up until it crept in :lol:

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fucking YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

Football is chaos. Fucking brilliant, get the fuck in! Drink it in boys, drink it in!

I was telling Shelvey to fuck off for sending Trippier away from that free kick right up until the moment it went in, like. :lol:

I was screaming at the tele [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Could've gone either way until we scored but we actually did well after scoring and didn't look conceding.

Yeah, for once the pendulum swung our game. We have had half a dozen go against us.

Absolutely huge win, and so deserved. Schar was fantastic, Manquillo was terrific after he's come on and shut down Raphinha and brought us up the pitch. I feared the worst when Joelinton was taken off, but the whole midfield played well throughout, despite Wilock being mostly terrible in the first half he grew into the game.

I would argue that this is the worst and most one-sided refereeing performance i've seen since the takeover though. No wonder how people are coming up with consipiracy theories. Any other team in the league would have gotten that penalty. Every time we got near their box they were allowed to foul us, or fall onto the ground so the ref could stop the play and give them a free kick. Overtime was Leeds, the co-commentator and the referee against Newcastle.

Guest Biggsbond14

Omg what a unexpected win, watching the joy on the players faces after the final whistle and miggy hugged by howe. I thought the subs played out of their skins tbh especially manq and longstaff who had his best spell since Man U at home, asm proper team player second half and Woods held the ball up well at times but we have to make use of his height, last word on Willock is fucking superb second half and back to his best offensively pity he didn’t get that deserved  goal to finish it off 🍾👏👏👏👏👏