Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Dubravka - 8 (looked solid, collected all the crosses) 

Trippier - 7 (solid) 

Schar - 9 (thought he was magnificent, so many interceptions) 

Lascelles - 8 (thought he was playing well until he got injured) 

Sub Clark - 6 (didnt fuck up) 

Dummett 5 - Leeds got in behind him so many times.

Sub Manquillo 8 - Dont get the hate for him. Always looks decent for us and gets forward. Won free kick which got our goal

Shelvey 8 - Looked our most likeliest scorer all match

Willock 8 - thought he was poor first half but made up for it with great 2nd half

Fraser 7 - cant fault effort, especially at the end

Joe - 7 (looked good again but off injured early on so cant mark higher) 

Sub Longstaff 7 - was involved a lot. Best he's been for a while 

ASM - 7.5 (Can understand the annoyance when he goes alone but he also created all our chances from open play. Did set up Willock and Wood and Should've had a pen

Wood 5 - Early days but god he looks poor. Very slow and 2nd touch was always a tackle. I'll still give him time though 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

When draws have felt like losses, it's nice to go into the break being unbeaten in 3. A lot you can improve on with performance today but you'd take that all day long at the minute. Our game management seemed better towards the end. We weren't like a rabbit in the headlights, particularly after the penalty was denied there was a fear we'd crumble.

What a fantastic result hopeful this gives us a bit more belief and the players who are yet to join the ranks. It shows we have some fight and hopeful a couple more will be more willing to come in. Fingers fucking crossed.

A huge result and I thought we deserved it though it was a really scrappy game. Schar was excellent, and Willock showed much more initiative on the ball so at times with him and Saint-Maximin surging forward we actually seemed to have genuine pace in the attack despite the lack of end product. For me Longstaff takes up some good attacking positions and is our best all-round midfielder on the ball, and I thought he was an asset when he came on. Wood looks pretty hopeless. All in all though it was an energetic and positive performance aside from the crucial three points.

Really good win today with some excellent individual performances, hope we can build some momentum from that.

Think the most pleasing thing to see was the team spirit, everyone was really fighting for that win. 

Said it for a while now but we do desperately need some attacking players in. 

22 minutes ago, worthy said:

Its not the first time. He was caught out so many times from the wingers against Watford too. Dummett isnt a great defender, decent in the air, but slow, terrible marking. No wonder the left got safer when Manq came in and fucked Raphina off.

Yup. Because he's not a LB. Not any more. CB or nothing for us IMO. 

15 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

He would have had 2 assists, if we had a competant striker.
And that pen.

He's headless at times but my goodness this team needs his unpredictability.

I downmarked ASM for the relentless strops, staying on the ground, and taking ages to get back afterwards tbh. Whether he's right or wrong, the game's moved on and we needed him.

I'm absolutely not an effort over talent sort either, Ginola's my favourite player ever and my admiration for HBA borders on perverted, but I thought ASM took the piss with the whinging today. I counted at least 4 times he did it and the game had moved on with Leeds on the counter.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

No, just a better finish than the team in 3rd bottom. May not even need a point more.

Also howe has managed us for 11 games, that’s just over half of our games  11 out of 21). He’s got us 2 wins and 4 draws meaning he’s got us 10 of our 15 points.

I’m gonna dwell over this weird feeling I have when I have a few beers tonight and think about that.

Howe got today tactically spot on. Don't remember a clear cut Leeds chance. All subs were outstanding, has to be said. Manquillo, Longstaff and even Clark. Not a single foot wrong. Willock grew right into the game as it went on so hopefully this is the start of his season. Shelvey surprised me with how well he worked off the ball and his lack of attempting shit diagonals. 

ASM was frustrating but often made the right decisions, Willock should've finished his pass late on and he should've had a pen. Wood grafted but lack of quality is evident, his hold up play is inherently inconsistent. 

Anyway, superb result that we must build on. Get some signings in, beat Everton and we're cooking.

What a fucking contrast to last week. Dont remember being so despondent as I was after the watford game. Can't remember feeling this fucking happy after today's win.

What a stupid fucking game this is that I get far too emotionally invested in! Bring on the Saudi game. Better be livestreamed on beoutQ or I riot.

Just now, toontownman said:

What a fucking contrast to last week. Dont remember being so despondent as I was after the watford game. Can't remember feeling this fucking happy after today's win.

What a stupid fucking game this is that I get far too emotionally invested in! Bring on the Saudi game. Better be livestreamed on beoutQ or I riot.

Tell me about it, last week I even uninstalled fifa from my Xbox and installed nhl hockey instead.

What a fucking win! still haven't caught my breath....

Dubs - 7 - solid, good save from james in the first half. claimed everything in the box 2nd half.

Trippier - 7 - much better second half defensively

Lascelles - 6 - best game in a while before going out injured. always looks nervy but dealt with everything that came at him.

Clark - 6 - did his job to help close up shop

Schar - 9-  was absolutely fantastic defensively in every aspect. MOM

Dummett - 6 - struggled with raphinha in the first half. 

Manq - 8 - Was fantastic coming on. shut up shop down the left, got forward, and played some good composed passes forward. needs to start

Shelvey - 7 - solid today 

Longstaff - 8 - Was involved in everything. great energy.

Willock - 6 - grew into the 2nd half. some good moments late on.

Fraser - 6 - seems to have lost some of that explosiveness from his early days at bournemouth, doesnt really produce much, but credit to him for running to the end.

Maxi - 7 - better second half. created good chances for wood, willock and fraser. also should have had a penalty.

Wood - 6 - looks not much more than lump. some poor touches and seemed to lack that sharpness in the box. worked hard and won a lot of headers though. need more from him without wilson

Excellent win! I wish Wood had connected with ASM's knockdown for an easier end to the match. The passing phase in the last few minutes was excellent. Once we reduce the stupid mistakes we'll be a much sturdier outfit. Break now and a few more signings and hopefully smash Everton.

6 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

What a fucking win! still haven't caught my breath....

Dubs - 7 - solid, good save from james in the first half. claimed everything in the box 2nd half.

Trippier - 7 - much better second half defensively

Lascelles - 6 - best game in a while before going out injured. always looks nervy but dealt with everything that came at him.

Clark - 6 - did his job to help close up shop

Schar - 9-  was absolutely fantastic defensively in every aspect. MOM

Dummett - 6 - struggled with raphinha in the first half. 

Manq - 8 - Was fantastic coming on. shut up shop down the left, got forward, and played some good composed passes forward. needs to start

Shelvey - 7 - solid today 

Longstaff - 8 - Was involved in everything. great energy.

Willock - 6 - grew into the 2nd half. some good moments late on.

Fraser - 6 - seems to have lost some of that explosiveness from his early days at bournemouth, doesnt really produce much, but credit to him for running to the end.

Maxi - 7 - better second half. created good chances for wood, willock and fraser. also should have had a penalty.

Wood - 6 - looks not much more than lump. some poor touches and seemed to lack that sharpness in the box. worked hard and won a lot of headers though. need more from him without wilson

I agree with most of that, however I thought Willock was very good today and worthy of an 8.