Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

So the two games we have won this season are the only two games of the season ive not been able to watch :lol:

Two games that I have missed since the takeover, Jonjo has scored. Liverpool and Leeds away.

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It was a pretty anxious finish I thought... Occasionally managed to keep the ball in their half, at other times just gave it straight back to them for no apparent reason. Benefit of the doubt though, they were probably fucked and naturally nervous. Huge credit to them for finally seeing a game out. 

Its little things like Dubs falling on the ball and giving everyone 30 seconds to catch their breaths. Watford he jumped up like it was 10 mins in and played it through the middle and we were on the back foot again.

:sweetjesus:

Dear God though that was terrifying watching on on my phone at the gym with terrible reception. Kept thinking when it finally caught up I'd see it suddenly at 1-1.

First 30 minutes were shite but they sure as hell grew in to the game.

As is a weekly custom these days, fuck the corrupt refereeing in this league. Utter dirt. 

Massive win.  It was fun to watch them actively kill off the game actively rather than try to do it passively.  Willock grew into the game.  Longstaff was active and pressed well in key spots.  Dubs had some nice saves and the entire defense worked together.  Was s creaming at the TV when Shelvey started the free kick but the screaming tone changed pretty quickly [emoji38]

The type of win that will lift the club.

11 minutes ago, GWN said:

To be fair Watford home Leeds away you’d take 4 points yes?

:pedro:

Yep, looking further back under howe we beat Burnley and drew with ten men against Norwich so we’re picking up points in the most important games.

I’m very optimistic now

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

:sweetjesus:

Dear God though that was terrifying watching on on my phone at the gym with terrible reception. Kept thinking when it finally caught up I'd see it suddenly at 1-1.

First 30 minutes were shite but they sure as hell grew in to the game.

As is a weekly custom these days, fuck the corrupt refereeing in this league. Utter dirt. 

Gym [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Anyone else have the Scottish co-commentator today? 

According to him. Longstaff, Willock and someone else who I have forgotten ‘got through a power of running.’ Never heard that expression before?! 

Fraser was the other. Never heard that before either! Quite like it though :lol: