Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Fraser was the other. Never heard that before either! Quite like it though :lol:

Haha. Aye, that was it. He was quite excitable and I didn’t mind him. Bit annoying that he just said the swipe on ASM was clearly not a penalty, mind. 

He isn’t the usual Scottish one that is on comms with that annoying Sky Sports SPL guy, is he? Both call ASM ‘San Maximum’. 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Anyone else have the Scottish co-commentator today? 

According to him. Longstaff, Willock and someone else who I have forgotten ‘got through a power of running.’ Never heard that expression before?! 

Doing a ‘power of’ something is a Common expression in Scotland 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Haha. Aye, that was it. He was quite excitable and I didn’t mind him. Bit annoying that he just said the swipe on ASM was clearly not a penalty, mind. 

He isn’t the usual Scottish one that is on comms with that annoying Sky Sports SPL guy, is he? Both call ASM ‘San Maximum’. 

I think it's Andy Walker

31 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Anyone else have the Scottish co-commentator today? 

According to him. Longstaff, Willock and someone else who I have forgotten ‘got through a power of running.’ Never heard that expression before?! 

I live in Glasgow, it’s a pretty common phrase. Get through a power of work is the most heard, but you hear it with literally anything, power of booze, power of fanny, power of drugs etc. Can be used with all sorts!

12 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

I live in Glasgow, it’s a pretty common phrase. Get through a power of work is the most heard, but you hear it with literally anything, power of booze, power of fanny, power of drugs etc. Can be used with all sorts!

Aye I mostly use it when the kids are whinging “you are doing a power of moaning”