Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, buzza said:

Havent read the thread but Dummet was slower than a snail today, manquillo looked like maldini compared to him...

Forgot how ordinary he was.

The injuries have took away his burst of pace. 

Guest neesy111

Still not allowed, unless it comes from official source.   Eg.  Skysports YouTube.

Edited by neesy111

Thank fuck for that.

That’s the best I’ve see our midfield play this season.  Doesn’t mean it doesn’t need replacing - but I thought to a man they played well.  Likewise our centre halves.

There’s a couple of sentences I’ve haven’t written in yonks

16 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Has there been a clearer pen than the one today against ASM?

Short clips are legal, right? Classed as educational/for discussion/critique. 

@The ProphetI think posted a series of tweets which explain a lot of how these decisions are honoured, basically if the ref vaguely described the incident it's not classed as a clear error, however I'm really fucking stumped on what oossibly could have been said to the VAR team that had them think "aye, he saw that one" [emoji38]

18 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Has there been a clearer pen than the one today against ASM?

Short clips are legal, right? Classed as educational/for discussion/critique. 

ASM does such a bad job selling that. The two arms raised and flailing was too dramatic. Think the histrionics makes the ref think he's being conned, so he ignores it.

However, there was clearly contact there and so yet again, why is VAR not reviewing that and making the right call? No idea what the point of VAR is anymore.

19 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

https://youtu.be/gH1BrZHDga8?t=135

Am I seeing things or does the last replay show that Shelvey kicks the ball off his standing foot? Explains the weird spin/movement on the ball and why it kicks up/on when it bounced

Hard to tell, played it back at 0.25 speed and just ended up laughing at the slow mo commentator voice. 

Just now, Adam said:

Hard to tell, played it back at 0.25 speed and just ended up laughing at the slow mo commentator voice. 

Im convinced that there is an unnatural movement on the ball in the first few feet of the flight, the ball should have gone in a different direction

(Not that I care though)

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

ASM does such a bad job selling that. The two arms raised and flailing was too dramatic. Think the histrionics makes the ref think he's being conned, so he ignores it.

However, there was clearly contact there and so yet again, why is VAR not reviewing that and making the right call? No idea what the point of VAR is anymore.

Too much emotion, typical continental. Doesn't alter the fact it's a stonewall pen.

38 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't see it, if anything I thought it touched off one of Schar/Clark.

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

30% off at the club shop (online at least) to celebrate our 3 points is cracking customer service too. 👍

Spot on! just ordered three shirts, including my little girls first strip! 😁

What a time to be alive!