Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

More I see it the more I’m convinced it was a double hit. The pace on it just doesn’t seem right for it not hitting his standing foot. Lovely stuff.

He admitted on an interview on the club's Twitter that he scuffed it :thup:

Guest neesy111
28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Completely agree with this from Hope, I like Joelinton but I would play him on the left instead of Fraser, or bring him on to carry the ball later if we continue playing the 3 as Howe seems to like.

Yeap, was obvious we improved after he went off injured.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Completely agree with this from Hope, I like Joelinton but I would play him on the left instead of Fraser, or bring him on to carry the ball later if we continue playing the 3 as Howe seems to like.

I think Manquillo on for Dummett made a bigger difference in the second half tbh. 

I'd be fine with Longstaff playing 45 minutes, but he's not able to play a full 90 minutes. Joelinton beasts it from start to finish.

Just watched the game back, huge result - certainly one I wasn't expecting! Leeds looked pretty toothless up front without Bamford, but we did with Wood though. Impressed with midfield matching Leeds' intensity and bothering to get in their faces - that was night and day from Bruce's performance there last season where we didn't lay a glove on them (Shelvey moaning Rodrigo running around too much). 

Dubravka - 7 Solid enough, not tested too much

Trippier - 7 Wasn't worried by Harrison, not helped going forward playing on same side as Fraser

Lascelles - 6 Meh, wasn't as shite as normal.     

Clark - 6 Won a header I think, hoofed a ball. Fortunately not on long enough, or involved in much to cause us any harm. 

Schar - 7 Better than usual

Dummett - 5 Fuck all going forward, got in the way a few times, but turned inside out by Raphinha as expected.  

Manquillo 7 Vast improvement on Dummett. Not as stiff as PD, and bothers crossing halfway line.

Joe - 7 Strong, used the ball well, and broke up play when on.  

Longstaff - 7 Vast improvement on what we're usually treated too.

Shelvey - 8 - Fortunate with Meslier spanner handing his FK in, but thought he was decent throughout - like Longstaff, much better than usual.

Willock - 6 Good first half, but anon in the second.

ASM - 5 Consensus from his thread that he had better game, but thought he had a twat of a performance.. Constantly throwing his arms up in the air and having a strop with Fraser. Looked like he deliberately played one-two with Fraser straight after not playing him in, just to give it away. Offered usual threat dribbling forward, but everything he tried was nullified or just shite. Spent over a minute to get back in shape after his lie down and throwing toys out after no penalty.

Fraser - 4  Hopeless. Drags down efforts and effectiveness of ASM and Trippier when they have to link up with him.

Wood - 4 Leeds CBs seemed to win everything in the air, and what he did win/hold up was just to nobody or shite. No threat on goal whatsoever other than his pop-shot late on, can't remember him linking up or involving himself whatsoever.  

Edited by Clockwork Cheese