Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Guest Biggsbond14
2 hours ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Just watched the game back, huge result - certainly one I wasn't expecting! Leeds looked pretty toothless up front without Bamford, but we did with Wood though. Impressed with midfield matching Leeds' intensity and bothering to get in their faces - that was night and day from Bruce's performance there last season where we didn't lay a glove on them (Shelvey moaning Rodrigo running around too much). 

Dubravka - 7 Solid enough, not tested too much

Trippier - 7 Wasn't worried by Harrison, not helped going forward playing on same side as Fraser

Lascelles - 6 Meh, wasn't as shite as normal.     

Clark - 6 Won a header I think, hoofed a ball. Fortunately not on long enough, or involved in much to cause us any harm. 

Schar - 7 Better than usual

Dummett - 5 Fuck all going forward, got in the way a few times, but turned inside out by Raphinha as expected.  

Manquillo 7 Vast improvement on Dummett. Not as stiff as PD, and bothers crossing halfway line.

Joe - 7 Strong, used the ball well, and broke up play when on.  

Longstaff - 7 Vast improvement on what we're usually treated too.

Shelvey - 8 - Fortunate with Meslier spanner handing his FK in, but thought he was decent throughout - like Longstaff, much better than usual.

Willock - 6 Good first half, but anon in the second.

ASM - 5 Consensus from his thread that he had better game, but thought he had a twat of a performance.. Constantly throwing his arms up in the air and having a strop with Fraser. Looked like he deliberately played one-two with Fraser straight after not playing him in, just to give it away. Offered usual threat dribbling forward, but everything he tried was nullified or just shite. Spent over a minute to get back in shape after his lie down and throwing toys out after no penalty.

Fraser - 4  Hopeless. Drags down efforts and effectiveness of ASM and Trippier when they have to link up with him.

Wood - 4 Leeds CBs seemed to win everything in the air, and what he did win/hold up was just to nobody or shite. No threat on goal whatsoever other than his pop-shot late on, can't remember him linking up or involving himself whatsoever.  

This 

tripps was wank first half got roasted 3 times and Willock had great second half got his confidence back and you obviously watch 2nd half first 😂, wood had good second half considering no one can actually put a cross in for him as asm simply does his own thing but ironically was more of a team player yesterday 

Edited by Biggsbond14

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

Which backwards tit said that?? :lol:

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

Which backwards tit said that?? :lol:

Clockwork cheese gave a lee ryderesque rating on p52

Edited by Biggsbond14

"ryderesque". Fuck sake [emoji38]

May have just not noticed Willock as much in second half, but was good to see him breaking beyond Leeds' midfield and getting touches and involving himself further up. Should have scored at the end!

Still, probably one his best performances since signing permanently. If he can keep to that level of performance, and give some link up to the forward line we'll be in much better shape for remainder of season - has had a shambolic season up until this afternoon.  

18 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

This 

tripps was wank first half got roasted 3 times and Willock had great second half got his confidence back and you obviously watch 2nd half first 😂, wood had good second half considering no one can actually put a cross in for him as asm simply does his own thing but ironically was more of a team player yesterday 

I must watch different games. 

I thought Lascelles was doing well til he was injured. Though Dummet and Trippier were a little loose first half.

Schar was my MOTM followed by Shelvey. Manquillo did a sterling jump and I thought Willock was pretty shit first half but grew into the game and started to get more space second halve.

All the players were a 8 or above in my eyes, if not only for their efforts. Wood was the worst of the bunch.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Why the fuck was that pen not even checked by VAR, I'm 100% convinced one of the top 6 gets that checked 

It was checked according to the commentary I had on. 

complete bullshit decision mind, was a stonewall penalty. 

Going Rafa-esque critique even when you score a goal. Longstaff didn't react when the ball was lost. Nobody offered a passing option to Longstaff until Manquillo took it on him to run down the left flank (Dummett wouldn't have done that). No passing lanes available for Manquillo so he had to keep running.

Leeds players on the other hand, were more fluid in moving to the next phases.

@LRDyour post reminds me of what I wanted to say thank you. 

We really need to improve our transition play, we had a couple of opportunities to transition quickly. (Leeds play really aggressively positionally) and we could have punished this but our players are like statues, nobody makes runs :lol:

1 minute ago, LRD said:

Going Rafa-esque critique even when you score a goal. Longstaff didn't react when the ball was lost. Nobody offered a passing option to Longstaff until Manquillo took it on him to run down the left flank (Dummett wouldn't have done that). No passing lanes available for Manquillo so he had to keep running.

Leeds players on the other hand, were more fluid in moving to the next phases.

Mate just enjoy the win! 

Can't say I agree with a lot of those ratings on the previous page or so, but the verdict on ASM in particular was pretty rotten and smack of the analysis of someone that simply doesn't like him.

He was noticeably more involved in team build up play yesterday, not to mention that he laid on several good chances that we really should have done better with. The nod to Wood and the lay on to Fraser stands to out. 

He also had every right to be livid for a couple of challenges on him that went un-punished. 

10 hours ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Just watched the game back, huge result - certainly one I wasn't expecting! Leeds looked pretty toothless up front without Bamford, but we did with Wood though. Impressed with midfield matching Leeds' intensity and bothering to get in their faces - that was night and day from Bruce's performance there last season where we didn't lay a glove on them (Shelvey moaning Rodrigo running around too much). 

Dubravka - 7 Solid enough, not tested too much

Trippier - 7 Wasn't worried by Harrison, not helped going forward playing on same side as Fraser

Lascelles - 6 Meh, wasn't as shite as normal.     

Clark - 6 Won a header I think, hoofed a ball. Fortunately not on long enough, or involved in much to cause us any harm. 

Schar - 7 Better than usual

Dummett - 5 Fuck all going forward, got in the way a few times, but turned inside out by Raphinha as expected.  

Manquillo 7 Vast improvement on Dummett. Not as stiff as PD, and bothers crossing halfway line.

Joe - 7 Strong, used the ball well, and broke up play when on.  

Longstaff - 7 Vast improvement on what we're usually treated too.

Shelvey - 8 - Fortunate with Meslier spanner handing his FK in, but thought he was decent throughout - like Longstaff, much better than usual.

Willock - 6 Good first half, but anon in the second.

ASM - 5 Consensus from his thread that he had better game, but thought he had a twat of a performance.. Constantly throwing his arms up in the air and having a strop with Fraser. Looked like he deliberately played one-two with Fraser straight after not playing him in, just to give it away. Offered usual threat dribbling forward, but everything he tried was nullified or just shite. Spent over a minute to get back in shape after his lie down and throwing toys out after no penalty.

Fraser - 4  Hopeless. Drags down efforts and effectiveness of ASM and Trippier when they have to link up with him.

Wood - 4 Leeds CBs seemed to win everything in the air, and what he did win/hold up was just to nobody or shite. No threat on goal whatsoever other than his pop-shot late on, can't remember him linking up or involving himself whatsoever.  

Unbelievably inaccurate ratings 😂

10 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Very harsh those ratings.

So polite. The ratings and comments for the front three are largely the ravings of a lunatic :lol:, or at best someone with short-term memory issues.