Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, GWN said:

utter magic :indi:

She’s right. We don’t know how to sing a song. It’s a 100mpj.

I honestly think it’s because people don’t know the lyrics. 

It’s the same with Who’s that Team we call United. Isn’t it funny how the only line you can never hear is ‘And they play in black and white’ (as it’s all mumbled and sped up). Because people don’t know the words man! 

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

We have the best fans, its not even up for debate. Even all the away matches when we are getting smashed we always sing our hearts out.

Edited by Menace

Aye I wish it wasn't sung so fast, find it a bit difficult to join in and I'm not surprised if folks don't know the words given it's difficult to follow. Me dad (very infrequent visitor to SJP but a Geordie through and through) couldn't understand why they were doing it when we went to the Watford game, surely it wasn't always like that? 

Re the Team we all adore one: we play in black and white and [what?], we'll support you ever more. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Aye I wish it wasn't sung so fast, find it a bit difficult to join in and I'm not surprised if folks don't know the words given it's difficult to follow. Me dad (very infrequent visitor to SJP but a Geordie through and through) couldn't understand why they were doing it when we went to the Watford game, surely it wasn't always like that? 

Re the Team we all adore one: we play in black and white and [what?], we'll support you ever more. 

We all know how to fight. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

1 hour ago, madras said:

Point proven.

People don’t know the words so mumble it and sing it extra fast. Then it means other fans then do the same. Rinse and repeat.

If you ever see videos of the 74 and 76 cup finals. The Newcastle fans singing is something else. And all at a pace that you can join in at which makes the atmosphere a fuck ton louder. Spine tingling stuff

That second half was very Rafa-esque tactically, we nullified them, kept our shape and discipline and eventually settled into the game and picked them off and were a real threat on the counter too. Very impressive, probably the best we’ve played that second 45 under Howe, not in terms of football played, but defending, attacking intelligently, discipline, tactically and seeing the game out. A snapshot of Howe’s defensive acumen I hope which he isn’t known for and rightly so given how many goals Bournemouth shipped in and how many we have too since he was appointed.

Guest Biggsbond14
11 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I must watch different games. 

I thought Lascelles was doing well til he was injured. Though Dummet and Trippier were a little loose first half.

Schar was my MOTM followed by Shelvey. Manquillo did a sterling jump and I thought Willock was pretty shit first half but grew into the game and started to get more space second halve.

All the players were a 8 or above in my eyes, if not only for their efforts. Wood was the worst of the bunch.

Didn’t mention the players you added just the harsh players ratings by another fan , tripps looked uncomfortable first half but a million years above most of our defence in general 

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

She’s right. We don’t know how to sing a song. It’s a 100mpj.

I honestly think it’s because people don’t know the lyrics. 

It’s the same with Who’s that Team we call United. Isn’t it funny how the only line you can never hear is ‘And they play in black and white’ (as it’s all mumbled and sped up). Because people don’t know the words man! 

A bit fast but I could understand what they sang and I’ve been singing it for 43 years and some of the leeds comments are hilarious considering we sang from start to finish 

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I prefer the EIEIEIO song to the Who's that team we call United but we never seem to sing that anymore

Kinda relies on us going "up the Premier League" :lol:

If we stay up, it might get aired a bit more next year!

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Think our songbook is really shite at the moment, certainly in comparison to previous years.

it is. I take some comfort in the knowledge this is the case for most clubs though. Only Liverpool and to a lesser extent Manchester United have decent songs. Manchester United are helped by the fact they still sing their best songs from years gone by.

interestingly I think Leeds are the worst in the whole country. I can’t help but :anguish: every time I hear “all Leeds are we, all Leeds are we”. “Marching on together” is awful aswell imo.

Edited by Rafalove