Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

59 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

it is. I take some comfort in the knowledge this is the case for most clubs though. Only Liverpool and to a lesser extent Manchester United have decent songs. Manchester United are helped by the fact they still sing their best songs from years gone by.

interestingly I think Leeds are the worst in the whole country. I can’t help but :anguish: every time I hear “all Leeds are we, all Leeds are we”. “Marching on together” is awful aswell imo.

That keeper Ahhhh shit chant is so Championship, cringey as fuck!

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

it is. I take some comfort in the knowledge this is the case for most clubs though. Only Liverpool and to a lesser extent Manchester United have decent songs. Manchester United are helped by the fact they still sing their best songs from years gone by.

interestingly I think Leeds are the worst in the whole country. I can’t help but :anguish: every time I hear “all Leeds are we, all Leeds are we”. “Marching on together” is awful aswell imo.

We still sang "Terry Hibbitt on the wing" in the early 90s.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We still sang "Terry Hibbitt on the wing" in the early 90s.

Should still sing it now, bring the old songs back. Now we literally only sing the Joelinton song, Blaydon Races at light speed, who's that team called united, Toon Toon black and white army, Eddie Howe' b&w army and a particular player's name repeated to no tune at all.

Our songbook is shit, like.

Guest carpetman1
5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Should still sing it now, bring the old songs back. Now we literally only sing the Joelinton song, Blaydon Races at light speed, who's that team called united, Toon Toon black and white army, Eddie Howe' b&w army and a particular player's name repeated to no tune at all.

Our songbook is shit, like.

Just been buried on Reddit for suggesting this.

Part of the problem is we've not had any players worthy of individual songs during the Ashley era and even those that were were ultimately futile because of their inevitable sales.

Always remember Villa home in 93/94 when someone was down injured every player bar one (never remember who) got his own little ditty chanted as the player recieved treatment. Wouldn't know where to start now.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We’ve got the worlds most fanatical fans and we’ve also got Ferdinand and Ginola, la la la la Ginola.

Songs like that always (or used to when I went regularly before corona) get an airing on the bus to/from away games. Shame they don’t make it into the ground. 

Edited by Danh1

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Part of the problem is we've not had any players worthy of individual songs during the Ashley era and even those that were were ultimately futile because of their inevitable sales.

Always remember Villa home in 93/94 when someone was down injured every player bar one (never remember who) got his own little ditty chanted as the player recieved treatment. Wouldn't know where to start now.

Ah, the ‘5-1, fat Ron’ game. Good times. 

Just now, jack j said:

Fucking hate who's that team they call united

Never sang for about 30 years now thats all that is sang and don't even sing the full song

Reminds me of boro znd their shitty version as well

Aren't you a bundle of joy!

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Fucking hate who's that team they call united

Never sang for about 30 years now thats all that is sang and don't even sing the full song

Reminds me of boro znd their shitty version as well

The other part of the song “bring on ya Hearts, ya Hibs….etc”. Another that gets sang on the away day buses but not in the ground.

Seriously I didn’t know, I know nowt of the bloke, didn’t even click the Twitter profile, I just watched the video, soz…

Edited by HTT II