Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Seriously I didn’t know, I know nowt of the bloke, didn’t even click the Twitter profile, I just watched the video, soz…

I didn’t either if it makes ya feel better! 

2 hours ago, Holloway said:

Aye bring the old ones back. Still think our finest moment was rhyming Peyter Reid with monkey`s heed, that`s move over John Lennon territory

:lol: 

I'm still convinced we were the first ones to start the "cheer up Peyter Reid" song and the Man U fans pinched it and used it for Alan Shearer. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm still convinced we were the first ones to start the "cheer up Peyter Reid" song and the Man U fans pinched it and used it for Alan Shearer. 

The mackems had their own version didn't they

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s sometimes on ITV Tyne Tees, recognised him straight away.

”if you know you know” sounds like what happens at away days though.

If you (do) blow, you know!

32 minutes ago, jack j said:

The mackems had their own version didn't they

Which one came first?

Because we certainly weren't a shit football team when we played Peyter Reid's Sunderland. 

Have to admit I had similar thoughts initially when taking a quick glance, coupled with the text. Still know nowt about him other than what’s been mentioned on this page. Especially with our fan base on away days it’s very easy to jump to conclusions. 

15 hours ago, Nobody said:

Our goal should have been off side though, surely? 

sad fucker that i am, i've watched the extended highlights on .cock and done a frame by frame of our goal and schar is level (just).

10 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Have to admit I had similar thoughts initially when taking a quick glance, coupled with the text. Still know nowt about him other than what’s been mentioned on this page. Especially with our fan base on away days it’s very easy to jump to conclusions. 

First few seconds he looks like somebody pretending to know the words, and I thought that's why it had been shared. Became clear pretty soon that he had some kind of condition, and I thought "Sick fucks" for sharing that. Weird how the world works, eh?

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Which one came first?

Because we certainly weren't a shit football team when we played Peyter Reid's Sunderland. 

Ours came first. The makems copied it, as they do with all their chants.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You`re right as far as I can remember, it went `fuck off Peyter Reid` though. We were at this pub at Villa around that time and the track by the Monkees (how apt) just got played on a loop for about an hour [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

We’ve got the worlds most fanatical fans and we’ve also got Ferdinand and Ginola, la la la la Ginola.

Speaking of which....

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

Every time :lol:

His little approving nod to himself man ha blatantly standing there thinking 'I'm fuckin class me like' 

That's 'doing a Ginola' to me. When he was saw himself on the screen at Spurs that time.

Still my life goal to be in that place.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Me too. Was in the Mag I think in the summer of 95 which at least certainly pre-dated the mackems being known to sing it by half a season.

At that time they'd just survived in the second tier and couldn't have known they'd do well that year.

Remember the "Peter Reid's got a f**king monkey's heed" (still a favourite) being substituted to more saintly "Peter Reid's got a teletubbies heed" on occasion.

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

The badge copying is out of this world.

I actually complained about this back in the days when we still had the Pink published on a Saturday night, and email had just become a thing. I got published and John Gibson replied "Meoww!" It's our club crest you fucking cretin! 

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Me too. Was in the Mag I think in the summer of 95 which at least certainly pre-dated the mackems being known to sing it by half a season.

At that time they'd just survived in the second tier and couldn't have known they'd do well that year.

Remember the "Peter Reid's got a f**king monkey's heed" (still a favourite) being substituted to more saintly "Peter Reid's got a teletubbies heed" on occasion.

Also "Peter Reid eats bananas with his feet"

50 minutes ago, TRon said:

Which one came first?

Haha nah they actually sang cheer up Peter Reid

To a sunderland supported to be top of the league 🤭

They used to sing the Andy Cole song and tail off with "when he gets the ball he does f**k all, Andy Andy Cole" while he scored 41 goals that season.

Would give them the benefit of the doubt that it was self-effacing banter, but, they've form.