Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, TRon said:

How the fuck would you know that? :lol: 

They released it as a single, got to number 70 or something like that. I remember seeing a group of their dozy looking fans, all wearing shades (just like real pop stars :rolleyes:) singing it on Look North.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

sad fucker that i am, i've watched the extended highlights on .cock and done a frame by frame of our goal and schar is level (just).

Cleared it up on last night's MotD. Wasn't as close as it first looked.

1 hour ago, bigfella said:

They released it as a single, got to number 70 or something like that. I remember seeing a group of their dozy looking fans, all wearing shades (just like real pop stars :rolleyes:) singing it on Look North.

Aye, their version came first before it was rightly bastardised - a mackem mate of mine had it on cassette. I think it was the year they went up as the release code for the tape was 'SHAYISGOD1' from when Given was on loan there.

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

highlights on nufc.co.uk. - Ando really is getting more miserable by the week. right fucking radgie.

I listened to the second half while watching a bit of local non league and he had me giggling away at times. He seems to be constantly annoyed by absolutely everything. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Was it not actually Schar’s goal? I thought I saw him get a touch but haven’t watched it back.

I've watched it about 20 times and still can't decide either way. 

10 minutes ago, Collage said:

Would have been offside so officially (VAR) Schär didn’t touch it.

Nah the lines showed he was onside. Whether or not he touched it if he was in an offside position they would have dissallowed it because of the keepers vision

As annoyed as I was at not getting that pen when ASM went down, it was great to see everybody's favourite VAR analyst Peter Walton cop for mass pelters from the panel on BT Score for his fucking pathetic excuse making.  "The people in charge of VAR are only human and can make a mistake, just like anyone" - fuck off man!

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Aye, their version came first before it was rightly bastardised - a mackem mate of mine had it on cassette. I think it was the year they went up as the release code for the tape was 'SHAYISGOD1' from when Given was on loan there.

I actually know one of the people who sang on that record :lol:

17 minutes ago, jack j said:

Nah the lines showed he was onside. Whether or not he touched it if he was in an offside position they would have dissallowed it because of the keepers vision

Guess I was wrong then :thup:

14 minutes ago, deejeck said:

As annoyed as I was at not getting that pen when ASM went down, it was great to see everybody's favourite VAR analyst Peter Walton cop for mass pelters from the panel on BT Score for his fucking pathetic excuse making.  "The people in charge of VAR are only human and can make a mistake, just like anyone" - fuck off man!

Make a mistake with the benefit of multiple slow-mo replays at different angles. :lol:

Just now, LRD said:

Make a mistake with the benefit of multiple slow-mo replays at different angles. :lol:

Yeah it not an opinion when you have that much at your disposal, it's like saying we have clear video evidence of the accused holding a shotgun to the shopkeepers head, removing the money from the till, putting it into his pocket and running away..... what do we think??

Jury foreman..... Not guilty m'lud, you know ....we can all make mistakes 

3 hours ago, NEEJ said:

I listened to the second half while watching a bit of local non league and he had me giggling away at times. He seems to be constantly annoyed by absolutely everything. :lol:

Some of it’s justified, like. I had a similar reaction when Fraser gave the ball away on the edge of their box when it was an easy as fuck pass to Wood. We’re so sloppy so often.

I really hope the PL and the clubs is evaluating the VAR system after this season.

Must get rid of it as it makes more damage than good. It's becoming the most unfair ruling system in sports.

Could just have the same system as in boxing. One referee on the pitch and three who votes who should be the winner after the game.

Still don’t think it should be as simple as VAR needing to stay or go. The concept and technology are obviously good and other sports have equivalents, so I’m not sure why the most popular one should be different. 

It just seems to be ran by complete idiots and doesn’t look like they’re doing a good job of evaluating scenarios properly to avoid recurring issues and clear inconsistencies. Also the ref going to the monitor to always overturn is weird - they take several minutes to review it, then the ref takes a quick look and decides in seconds when it clearly can’t be that ‘clear and obvious’, plus it’s so weird they’re so happy to overrule themselves. Not sure why they don’t want to be confident in their initial decisions. 

I like to think the farce we’ve seen this season should be a positive if it can encourage a more thorough assessment of VAR. 

anyone explain what was happening at the turnstiles.

i nearly took my kids but ended up giving up the tickets.

was bad enough at old trafford - massive congestion, and 2 only tiny turnstiles for all the away fans, only got in about 3.15.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

anyone explain what was happening at the turnstiles.

i nearly took my kids but ended up giving up the tickets.

was bad enough at old trafford - massive congestion, and 2 only tiny turnstiles for all the away fans, only got in about 3.15.

Long and short of it appears to be that they’ve only got a limited number of away turnstiles any and then one of them bust, thus exacerbating what was already a pretty congested and chaotic situation.

I saw numerous people getting turned away with what appeared to be valid tickets, being told they needed to go to the box office and sort it out.

In the end I think they just opened a side gate about 3:15 otherwise folk would have still been queuing there now.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Long and short of it appears to be that they’ve only got a limited number of away turnstiles any and then one of them bust, thus exacerbating what was already a pretty congested and chaotic situation.

I saw numerous people getting turned away with what appeared to be valid tickets, being told they needed to go to the box office and sort it out.

In the end I think they just opened a side gate about 3:15 otherwise folk would have still been queuing there now.

bloody hell man.

its 2022 and these are massive premier league clubs.

should be no excuse and these clubs shouldnt be allowed hosting matches unless there's safe and adequate turnsiles/stewarding.

Just now, huss9 said:

bloody hell man.

its 2022 and these are massive premier league clubs.

should be no excuse and these clubs shouldnt be allowed hosting matches unless there's safe and adequate turnsiles/stewarding.

The turnstiles looked like they were from the 60’s with a bit of modern kit strapped on to scan the tickets.

Tbh the whole away end isn’t really up to what you would expect of a modern-day PL club. I went for a piss on the stroke of half-time and didn’t get back until 2 mins into the second half.

I heard a lad ask a copper what was going on and his response was ‘this ground isn’t equipped for allocations this big’.

Yes, you get a few dickheads doing stuff that doesn’t help, like smoking in the bogs or whatever, but facilities these older grounds do need looked at. The concourses at Burnley, for example, are just laughable. Unfortunately I think the only significant action that would ever be taken is to reduce allocations, and that’s not really what anyone wants.