Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

Sorry if it's already been mentioned or covered elsewhere.  But were Schar and Clark both onside for the goal?  I'm sure Schar nearly touches it and Clark dummies it.  I thought they were both off and because they tried to play the ball, the goal would have been disallowed if they were offside?  

I only saw it at the time and the highlights on my phone, which were pretty crap, I must say.  Not seen it mentioned on social media or on any match reports.   

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned or covered elsewhere.  But were Schar and Clark both onside for the goal?  I'm sure Schar nearly touches it and Clark dummies it.  I thought they were both off and because they tried to play the ball, the goal would have been disallowed if they were offside?  

I only saw it at the time and the highlights on my phone, which were pretty crap, I must say.  Not seen it mentioned on social media or on any match reports.   

yeah both onside

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

They did the lines on MOTD (maybe?) and they were both on.

Just the mentions of Peter Reid, but the last time I saw him, it was on a televised away game where he was sat with a female companion in the first row of seats above an away end of our fans. I think he was Thailand manager at the time. Anyway, the crowd recognized him, started up with the Monkey Heed songs, and the camera zoomed in on him taking it all in his stride. However, about five minutes later, the camera zoomed in on him again, and he could be seen standing, shouting his head off, and vigorously pointing down over the rail at someone in the Toon end below. He looked very agitated and seemed to gesticulating along the lines of "You! Outside! Now!" just like Carver did that time. It was hilarious.

8 hours ago, Stottie said:

Just the mentions of Peter Reid, but the last time I saw him, it was on a televised away game where he was sat with a female companion in the first row of seats above an away end of our fans. I think he was Thailand manager at the time. Anyway, the crowd recognized him, started up with the Monkey Heed songs, and the camera zoomed in on him taking it all in his stride. However, about five minutes later, the camera zoomed in on him again, and he could be seen standing, shouting his head off, and vigorously pointing down over the rail at someone in the Toon end below. He looked very agitated and seemed to gesticulating along the lines of "You! Outside! Now!" just like Carver did that time. It was hilarious.

Pretty sure it was Bolton away, I remember seeing the footage on YouTube.

EDIT: it is aye, search Peter Reid Newcastle Fans. Dunno if I’m allowed to post it or not. 

Edited by Danh1

36 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I like Peter Reid. Solid left wing bloke. 

Nah......centre mid.

I know a few people who've bumped into him in various situations and all spoke highly of him. Even one or two who I could imagine set out to get a reaction 

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I like Peter Reid. Solid left wing bloke. 

Aye, honestly one of my favourite non-toon people. Felt like as fierce as the rivalry is there was something good natured about it both ways with him when he was at the mackems, and seems like a solid guy all-round. Remember after we beat them at there place and we were kept behind in the stadium, he was on the pitch doing the post-match interview which we did our best to drown out with his song and he turned around and pulled on his ears - hardly the wittiest thing but just helped things be just a bit of fun.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

10 hours ago, madras said:

Nah......centre mid.

I know a few people who've bumped into him in various situations and all spoke highly of him. Even one or two who I could imagine set out to get a reaction 

Him and Bracewell were absolute tigers in that title winning  Everton central midfield. I don't think they even had the term midfield press at the time, but effectively that's what they did.