Leeds United 0 - 1 Newcastle United (22/01/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Game management at the end was 100 times better than vs Watford and who was off the pitch….

Yeah hopefully the fucker has snapped his hamstring and is out for the season 

Edited by nufcnick

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Also today's match thread was fruitful in buffing up my ignore list. Positives all round.

Aye there was some seriously rancid posters in that first half like. I've never used that ignore function but will need to consider it in future. 

Guest Biggsbond14
14 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

It's such a relief that the players still care like. After Cambridge it really felt like they'd given up, but what a bloody scrap that was. Great effort.

Certainly noticed that at final whistle nice to see miggy smiling too 

Right, confession time. Told the Mrs I'm not watching this today, as I believe it's my fault we've been losing and/or drawing. She told me that was a load of bollocks. Who's laughing now. Not me because I'll never watch another game this season, I'll take the sacrifice :lol:

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Schar was superb I thought. Possibly MOTM, although Willock seemed to be collecting power ups and getting better and covering more ground as the game went on.

Longstaff had his Weetabix this morning. Arguably improved after he came on. 

Dubs back to his old self. 

Fucking over the moon with that. Finally managed to win an ugly, tight game, when things went against us with 3 enforced subs. 

I Would have preferred an easy 3-0. But this might just possibly give them the belief that they can actually protect a lead and see a game out. 

Schar was MOTM for me like, really calm in the middle of the storm. After all the criticism it was good to see the CBs stand up today. 

Just now, SiLvOR said:

Right, confession time. Told the Mrs I'm not watching this today, as I believe it's my fault we've been losing and/or drawing. She told me that was a load of bollocks. Who's laughing now. Not me because I'll never watch another game this season, I'll take the sacrifice :lol:

Don’t even think about watching from now on :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

All you doomongers that thought we were playing Barcelona today ........ up yours!

It's not doom mongering, in my case it was a combination of keeping expectation low for self preservation purposes and knowing that I'm usually proved wrong on what I say... it obviously worked a treat.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Just now, andyc35i said:

Have to give a shout out to Longstaff, I thought he was excellent alongside Willock in the final 30 minutes 

Maybe the main problem is his fitness. I've seen him start games good, but quickly dissapear. Today he had the energy left in the final minutes to make a difference.

Just now, nufcnick said:

Hahah that’s why I put it, I did say earlier that I was so glad to be wrong about todays result 

The away fans put you to shame mate. They never stopped singing when you and your pals were waving the white flag.

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

There you go @Heron you got your wish my man. 👍🏻

Now everyone will be positive going into our next fixture.

:clap:

Haha! Hate to say I told you so... But... 

Nar, joking aside, we all see things differently, and for a long time - against my nature - I've been pessimistic and hateful of what the club has been. I've been disengaged and alienated. So to be negative now that we have enough to cling onto, as much as it may be clutching at straws, is just a bit of a no-go for me. I'm making up for lost time with my ridiculous optimism. :lol: :thup:

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Just now, LV said:

Don’t even think about watching from now on :lol:

TBH I was putting it down to being my fault, because my wife has no immune system I haven’t been able to attend games this season, so I though it was me being the bad luck for not going. I can hopefully attend the Everton game if all things go well over the next week, so we will put that bad luck to the test 

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's not doom mongering, in my case it was a combination of keeping expectation low for self preservation purposes and knowing that I'm usually proved wrong on what I say... it obviously worked a treat.

Whatever!

11 minutes ago, Rod said:

All you doomongers that thought we were playing Barcelona today ........ up yours!

:lol: If they were half more capable they would have had 4 goals. We got a ultra lucky scrappy win. We take those. But don't try to gotcha moment when you clearly know fuck all