Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

You know what, I’d rather support Norwich or Fulham than Everton.

at least with either of those you are guaranteed a season or two of attacking, winning football, and then any win in the Premier League is joyful - then one bad season just leads to a reset back to square one with more attacking and winning football.

whereas Everton just exist. Win, lose, draw, every game they have played since 1996 has been meaningless.

Just now, James said:

You know what, I’d rather support Norwich or Fulham than Everton.

at least with either of those you are guaranteed a season or two of attacking, winning football, and then any win in the Premier League is joyful - then one bad season just leads to a reset back to square one with more attacking and winning football.

whereas Everton just exist. Win, lose, draw, every game they have played since 1996 has been meaningless.

:dowiespin:

Mental that we'll be one point behind these if we beat them lot!

I've always had a big dislike for these lot and Pickford going there intensified it and it has gone through the roof after their treatment of Rafa! 

Edited by Paully

Mad they’ve taken so long to sort it out with the transfer window closing on Monday.

Doesn’t look like he’ll be announced until tomorrow and that leaves them with no time to really do anything.

Still keep convincing myself they might actually go down :lol: Win this and it’ll be a good start to making it happen.

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Lampard will allow them to attract players like Gerrard did for Villa. Name Value. 

is it not more that Gerrard played with Coutinho rather than he just knew of him?

there may be a few fringe players at Chelsea who Lampard will be a pull factor for but he’s not some shining beacon that players will levitate to

17 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Lampard will allow them to attract players like Gerrard did for Villa. Name Value. 

This opinion that has been forced by the media is grim.

Coutinho and Digne moved to Villa because the money was right and neither had a better offer. They’ve not gone there because of Gerrard ffs.

They’re making it sound like he’s convinced them to join Forest Green.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This opinion that has been forced by the media is grim.

Coutinho and Digne moved to Villa because the money was right and neither had a better offer. They’ve not gone there because of Gerrard ffs.

They’re making it sound like he’s convinced them to join Forest Green.

There has to be some pulling power to former world class players coaching you day in day out. Surely? 

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

There has to be some pulling power to former world class players coaching you day in day out. Surely? 

Well I’m sure they would prefer to be coached by Gerrard than lets say Bruce. But in no way is it the sole reason they’ve signed as Sky would like you to believe.

If we chopped in offering x2 the salary with Bruce in charge, they’d be here.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

30 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Yeah for sure, it's why Keegan, Dalglish, Souness and Gullit all had pretty good pull even in their early years without much proven success as a manager, all were world class well known and well respected players