Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Brentford are away to City too. Barring an aberration from City, a win would put us five points behind Brentford and a point behind Everton. Suddenly we wouldn't be looking at 3 from 4 anymore.

We have played two games less than Brentford as well and that brings them right back into going into another home game for us - we really need this win!

A win and anything looks possible. Drags Everton into it as well which would be a huge bonus.

Going to be far more difficult against these now though with a new manager and couple of decent players in.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Worried about Dele Alli, not going to lie. After a month or so he'll probably decide he can't be arsed again, but for this match he'll be pumped.

My fear as well. Usually our luck that players like to turn up against us. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, I was confident we'd have enough to turn Everton over under Rafa and even Big Dunc, but they've suddenly become an unknown quantity. I think the only certainty is that Lampard will try to have them playing higher up the pitch. 

Was that because of Rafa and Big Dunc or because Calvert Lewin and Richarlison were out ?

31 minutes ago, madras said:

Was that because of Rafa and Big Dunc or because Calvert Lewin and Richarlison were out ?

Because of Rafa and Big Dunc. The atmosphere in the dressing room had become toxic and the team were playing with fear. Not too dissimilar to us, but Howe has had years of it to reverse rather than half a season.

Edit: isn't Calvert-Lewin a doubt?

Edited by The Prophet

21 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Because of Rafa and Big Dunc. The atmosphere in the dressing room had become toxic and the team were playing with fear. Not too dissimilar to us, but Howe has had years of it to reverse rather than half a season.

Edit: isn't Calvert-Lewin a doubt?

He's rated at 50% for Tuesday, can't be match fit though, hardly kicked a ball in months