Toontastic Forum

Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Dr. Gloom? That's a blast from the past. You the same guy that had an epic website with match reports, gloom ratings and such back in the day?

I used to love that.

29 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I came here via something called Sundayleague which was basically a fictional version of Fantasy Football. Username on there was Predator cos I was a nerd and a twat and remain so. 

I too was a Sunday Leaguer.

It’s still a thing :lol: I used to love it.

7 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Dr. Gloom? That's a blast from the past. You the same guy that had an epic website with match reports, gloom ratings and such back in the day?

Brilliant.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

NUFC.NU

I think there's just me and HTT from them days.

I was there as well. But under a different name. A few too many cock-ups with passwords and emails makes this my 4th or 5th account in this wonderful place. :D 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

For any members lurking here, wondering what happened. It sounds like it's gone for good. 

Are you Dr Gloom of the Dr Gloom website fame? I fucking loved that website! 

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

plenty of insults. Racists though? Sounds like a different place to me 

I’m not saying there were a lot of racists. But it seemed like the idea was that pretty much everything should be accepted. 

And then there was this guy who polluted every thread with his love for Freddy Shepherd, if I remember correctly.

Maybe it got better later, I haven’t been there for many years.

Despite the ‘forum wars’ which was, I must say, mainly me being an absolute cunt and taking it personally and behaving like a fucking bairn at the time, it’s still part of the whole history of N.O and vice versa so it’s sad to see it go, can’t someone not just take it over? They can’t let it die a perpetual death man FFS. Good times either way and there were some top posters on there who were also on here, dunno how many still are on here if at all, but I hope it starts up again and if not, anyone from there is more than welcome on here, more the merrier. I did say though, this place was GREAT! As for Reddit, I can’t think of a worse platform for NUFC discussion, but then the resit groups I am part of I mainly just read. Toontastic will be back one day just like our club is back. 

4 minutes ago, Collage said:

I’m not saying there were a lot of racists. But it seemed like the idea was that pretty much everything should be accepted. 

And then there was this guy who polluted every thread with his love for Freddy Shepherd, if I remember correctly.

Maybe it got better later, I haven’t been there for many years.

He was across both sites iirc.

Skunkers wasn’t for the feint hearted, as edgy as it got and how it crossed the lines a lot, it was hilarious and in a day when stuff could be said and not be taken out of context or was more light hearted, it was class to read, frightening at times to post on though.

Toontastic was always N.O’s little baby (half) brother though.

39 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Looks like this thread was the reason it was taken down. This Dave was The Fish on there, decent poster. Personally posted on there years ago but came on here as TT seemed just dead.

Wouldn't put money on that being the reason mate....

I can’t remember much racism on Toontastic. Maybe it changed in later years. There were a few interesting characters with some pretty left field opinions but I’ve seen and heard much worse.

And as much as LeazesMag was a tedious apologist for Shepherd and the Halls he was absolutely right about Ashley.

I’ve only ever posted on here. I’d moved to London in 2010 I think and was massively homesick. I was a guest lurker for ages and then finally made an account in Jan 2011. Never been on Toontastic but I loved this forum so much between 2010-2014 I’d say, it began to suffer for a few years until Rafa injected some life into it but it really feels like it’s on its way back up now

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Feel like I came here because it was less intimidating at the time? Hope the posters migrate.

Honestly chose this at the time because it had by far and away the best design and UI and it seemed the most active. All I remember of TT was some of them on there being snooty about SackPardew and AshleyOut, I'm sure most are sound though. 

Mind, I wouldn’t be joining the Reddit thing reading this intro…

“A refuge for a relatively small number of Newcastle United fans who have nowhere else to live because we're a bunch of misanthropes.

If you want access, let us know who you were on TT in the request.

If you're new, that is fine too but we're generally not very nice to new people until we get used to you and then...we're still not nice but in a different way.