Toontastic Forum

Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, JawD said:

Yo.  How lazy am I man, haven't even got an avatar.  You'd think after near two decades I would.  sure it was a cow, or something...

Wow, a name from the past, welcome back and I hope you and your family are all good pal :thup:

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Trying to remember history a little bit here, but wasn't the original board actually Toonchat? Or did it go from Toontastic, to Toonchat back to Toontastic?

I should know this, given it was Chayton (Craig) and I who created one of them in the first place :lol:

aye, Toon Chat was the first newcastle forum of note that i remember. i found it via nufc.com who used to have a banner link to it around 2000, or 2001. then it splintered away and turned into toontastic after the old board merged with this one - i think!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Wow, a name from the past, welcome back and I hope you and your family are all good pal :thup:

Just looked, last time I posted I had a fairly new born, I have now three kids and one of them in high school :D

All good though, cheers

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

aye, Toon Chat was the first newcastle forum of note that i remember. i found it via nufc.com who used to have a banner link to it around 2000, or 2001. then it splintered away and turned into toontastic after the old board merged with this one - i think!

I think Toon Chat and NUFC.nu existed around the same time, didn’t it not stem (both) from some MSN chat thing or something?

Just now, JawD said:

Just looked, last time I posted I had a fairly new born, I have now three kids and one of them in high school :D

All good though, cheers

Good to hear, I’m married, 2 kids and 40 fucking 2 now!

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Welcome back Gemmill! You have been missed.

We were quite busy (at times) during the Ashley years ;). But thank God those days are over now and we can look upward again.

Hello again. :lol:

Just now, Isegrim said:

I blame Steve and Alex Bruce. That’s always a good guess.

Ah my fave German, after Hitzfeld of course!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Is Chez Given and Alex still around, always had fond memories of their posts.

Alex text me earlier to say he was gonna sign up on here, so expect his arrival soon.

Chez stopped posting years ago.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Alex text me earlier to say he was gonna sign up on here, so expect his arrival soon.

Chez stopped posting years ago.

Good stuff and shame, he and Parky went to school or something together I’m sure?

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm on marriage number two. :lol:

My mate is engaged to be married for the 4th time, he’s not even 50, he’s a fanny rat though and they all find out eventually, he’s probably spent 60k or more on weddings [emoji38]