Toontastic Forum

Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Trying to remember history a little bit here, but wasn't the original board actually Toonchat? Or did it go from Toontastic, to Toonchat back to Toontastic?

I should know this, given it was Chayton (Craig) and I who created one of them in the first place :lol:

Phil Craig's Toonchat which continuously crashed. Then you setup a temporary board to keep us all sane. Then HTT got all high and mighty and merged the world ... then the 5 (you, me, Scottish Mag, Jimbo & Peasepud) of us broke away and built Toontastic. I remember someone crying about it - same person who cried when Peasepud did that huge media campaign about Hitzfeld coming as manager and it was bought hook, line and sinker [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I was only ever NO. Never been on a single forum previously. Oh I was on a brief happy hardcore forum called USH.net. But football only here. 

I used to make websites and ush.net had a top sites section where you could submit your site and people could vote it up, was class.

Frequented ultimatebuzz as well.

2 minutes ago, Detritus Bramble said:

Ant’s fine. Someone is going to have to break it to TGQ / Thompers / Lee that it’s not because of his freedom of information request. Maybe Fish can let him know via Twitter 

Fish managed to crack on with Lou yet?

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

:lol: I know man. I don't think it was ever that bad anyway was it, just forum banter?

I still have the board wars images I made :lol:

I took it bad :'(

At the time anyway! I’ve grown up a lot since, as I’m sure we all have!

Just now, chayton said:

What's a bit shit is the 'Gold' board will have gone with it. Some of the stuff in there was legendary. Remember the whole 'phone number inside a newspaper' thread that Peasepud got involved in? All gone :jesuswept:

Can it not be retrieved from a back up? 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Remind me, what the hell did I do? Was it something about outing him on the internet?

You used his registration email to find a photo of him on the t'internet and posted it [emoji38]

Personally I think he was utterly pissed that Alan Partridge could no longer be his alter-ego

Just now, chayton said:

You used his registration email to find a photo of him on the t'internet and posted it [emoji38]

Personally I think he was utterly pissed that Alan Partridge could no longer be his alter-ego

Poor form from me :(

He's probably about 105 now anyway isn't he?

Just now, Shearergol said:

Poor form from me :(

He's probably about 105 now anyway isn't he?

It wasn't our best moment, but even so it was one hell of a flounce! 

Not quite on the level of deleting a football forum with 16½ years of posts AND your twitter account mind you.. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

By the way @chayton I've left you a message on MSN messenger that you still haven't replied to :lol:

Fucking hell I feel old now. Have we really been on Newcastle forums for this long?

MSN Messenger! My god, that takes me back.....

I fucking hate MS Teams these days. Arseholes can get hold of you at all hours! Getting old :mick: