Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Apparently the time between their similar statement on Ferland Mendy and Mendy's sale was 8 days. Doesn't mean its off, just means they're saying a deal hasn't been agreed yet.

Based on this and the Lyon fans' pessimism of it all, I'm feeling pretty chilled at the moment and quite confident that the move will go through.

FWIW I think this guy looks immense and I'd pay up for him.

Diego Carlos I was always unsure of, he looks like he's got red cards and penalties in him plus he is nearly 29. I back the club's judgement, but with reservations as far as he was concerned and once the price started getting silly I think we were absolutely right to walk.

This one is different though. Young and looks fantastic. Plus we're absolutely desperate for someone in midfield who is competent and can help us control games.

The upside of us not getting all these players over the line is that most of them I’ve never heard of or seen play so any disappointment levels are lowered on that basis. I just hope we get the right kind of players we desperately need whoever they are in the coming days, and IMO we need at least 4, a CB, a DM, an ACM and a striker.

Edited by HTT II