Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Ah, Jean-Michele, how I've missed you. 

As you can see there are stock exchange concerns with this deal, but their owner is notorious for playing 'funny buggers' with transfers. He did this days before they sold Ferland Mendy, Ndombele, Lacazette. It's a sort of 'time gentlemen please' for bidders. He knows he has to do this deal. I'm a touch concerned about no medical until Friday, but apart from that I think we can feel confident this won't be a Diego Carlos situation.

4 minutes ago, Field said:

Has the medical test been confirmed? then it must be likely we get him.

Aye by some Twitter journos with blue ticks to their name. Meanwhile Lyon come out with something actually official…

I know the media are scumbags but some of them genuinely don't say things unless they have them confirmed by multiple people. Lee Ryder is a complete muppet but he's the last to blabber transfer rumours.

The athletic have been as reliable as it gets recently and they say a medical is booked.

It's not certain to happen but it's certainly close to happening IMO.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I know the media are scumbags but some of them genuinely don't say things unless they have them confirmed by multiple people. Lee Ryder is a complete muppet but he's the last to blabber transfer rumours.

The athletic have been as reliable as it gets recently and they say a medical is booked.

It's not certain to happen but it's certainly close to happening IMO.

They also said Emery was in the way, Trippier fee would be 25m etc. I’ll believe it all when they are officially signed, sealed and delivered, everything else up to now is just hot air, more than likely bullshit and journos positioning to be first to be right or wrong. 

Can only see this happening if we pay a bit too much. And quickly. Unfortunately. This needs to be done before it's too late. The chance to get a player like him won't come up again in this window

Aye, this is the one we really need to push the boat out for. He'd transform the side.

Sounds like they're happy with the price but not the structure of the deal. That said, not a single journo had a clue this was happening until yesterday evening. Sky have already said both clubs are silent, so I think they're still playing catch up.

Edited by The Prophet

If true, I don't really understand the installments approach like. Fair enough for older players where we may want a stop-gap signing to have less impact on our budget, but for a player like this who your team is going to be built around, just stump the money up if it's there. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't the vast, vast majority of deals get done with instalments?

I'd guess so. Perhaps its a FFP thing, if we sign our targets it may impact on summer window, but I'm not clued up on the financial side.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't the vast, vast majority of deals get done with instalments?

Probably, aye, but it seems to be a bit of a recurring theme that the way we're going about it isn't working. If the reports are to be believed, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Ste said:

I'd guess so. Perhaps its a FFP thing, if we sign our targets it may impact on summer window, but I'm not clued up on the financial side.

It is aye. Absolutely standard practise across the game. No surprise clubs would want as much upfront as possible in the current climate.

Ashley was always in the habit of buying outright in one lump sum. Granted that players we bought under him were usually under 10  mil. 
I wonder if it’s accurate that installments help us out in keeping within FFP. In which case, staging payments is critical to building an expensive side over the next few windows whilst keeping to FFP requirements.