Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

29 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Rattled the Manchester rags, lovely 

There'll be a couple of London rags equally rattled tbh, I hope our Brazilan links will give us the edge if they decide to jump in with their fans screaming blue murder.

Surely Bruno replaces Shelvey in a midfield 3?  Guimaraes can pass, defend and cover ground.  Shelvey seems content to do as little as possible to keep his job.  He was a passenger under Bruce.  Put his head down under Howe but when he started feeling comfortable again he started slacking off.  I can't stand him.  If it's a Midfield 3 it almost has to be Joe, Bruno and Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Surely Bruno replaces Shelvey in a midfield 3?  Guimaraes can pass, defend and cover ground.  Shelvey seems content to do as little as possible to keep his job.  He was a passenger under Bruce.  Put his head down under Howe but when he started feeling comfortable again he started slacking off.  I can't stand him.  If it's a Midfield 3 it almost has to be Joe, Bruno and Longstaff.

I've a feeling Shelvey won't be the one to be dropped. He's started every game under Howe hasn't he? Even took the captains armband on Saturday when Lascelles scored.

EDIT: I mean, I wouldn't be arsed if he was binned off, like.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I just said this in the Joelinton thread but I think if you have Joe and Bruno in there, that's enough legs to allow Shelvey to do his quarterback stuff. You can afford to have one lazy playmaker in a 3 man midfield.

Shelvey can pass, and he's shown he's capable of improving his fitness. It's up to Howe to keep on top of it and push him, dropping or at least bollocking him if he starts to fall back again.

He's clearly a very capable footballer but just not a great athlete. Hopefully he can sustain the improvements he's started to show.

If we're going to have 3 in midfield, and if Bruno signs, then that will give us Bruno, Joelinton, Shelvey, Willock, Longstaff and Shortstaff to pick from. Given that we'll pick up injuries, cards, and people will get tired if they play all the time, then it would be stupid to suggest Shelvey won't have a decent role to play still.

8 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Joe —— Bruno —— Willock 

For me I take Willock over Longstaff. Willock could genuinely break from

midfield knowing he’s got a decent short to mid-range passer to find him and good legs to cover if the move breaks down. If Willock scores 1 or 2 (his composure in and near the box is better than Longstaff’s and Joe’s) then he could get on a run again. It would also stop opposition defenders honey-potting around Maxi

Just now, timeEd32 said:

My guess is it would be Willock that misses out if Bruno, Joe, and Shelvey are fit.

Maybe. But you cannot play the same 3 players for 90 minutes every week, it just won't happen. We need Shelvey still, he'll get plenty of game time.

Shelvey gets a lot of stick but he is just a robot, he just mimics his manager , under Rafa he grafted and stuck to a position, under Bruce he was akin to Homer Simpsons helper monkey and now under Howe he's back to performing and looking very fit, he has talent but he's obviously on a downward trajectory career wise but he almost certainly has a part to play this season.

13 minutes ago, peder said:

If he not sign for us, its LOOOOOL us :/

Seems like this one is ours to loose now.

Will prolly be hijacked in the last minuite.

is it February already??