Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We should sign Bruno, then once it's signed bid for Faivre to fuck Aulas off.

Put it out there that we've made enquiries about Faivre just to give Aulas a little kick in the pants.

If what has been speculated is correct, and we're looking at structuring deals to account for FFP, and spend more later etc. This is the one signing where this should be disregarded, seemingly the most important player we can bring in for both staying up and looking towards the future. This is the player where we should be spending the full amount up front.

If this breaks down due to 5 mil less (for example) than what Lyon want, or they're not happy with the structure, I will be disappointed with this, moreso than the Carlos deal as this feels like the ball is in our court to get this done.

8 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

This has made me much less confident we get him. We seem to be obsessed with structuring something perfect. 

If it’s true that Lyon are already looking at possible replacement for Bruno i would say this are looking very likely atm.

That new offer looks a very good one, and so hopefully that ties things up now.

Chronicle this morning was saying that we have been in touch with Sporting Lisbon about Joao Palhinha, and he'd be the one we go for as an alternative if any funny business goes down with Lyon.

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

If it’s true that Lyon are already looking at possible replacement for Bruno i would say this are looking very likely atm.

Yep. Thought this yesterday when it was suggested that the fee was agreed, just the payment structure needed to be sorted out. It seems advanced enough to be fairly confident.

3 minutes ago, cookidge said:

If what has been speculated is correct, and we're looking at structuring deals to account for FFP, and spend more later etc. This is the one signing where this should be disregarded, seemingly the most important player we can bring in for both staying up and looking towards the future. This is the player where we should be spending the full amount up front.

If this breaks down due to 5 mil less (for example) than what Lyon want, or they're not happy with the structure, I will be disappointed with this, moreso than the Carlos deal as this feels like the ball is in our court to get this done.

From what the guy at Sevilla has come out with today, it seems to me that our lot have been conducting negotiations in the right way. I get the feeling that the injury to Kounde and perhaps difficulty in approaches for potential Carlos replacements, ultimately made that move difficult.

Seems to me the money being discussed for Bruno is in the right ballpark, and we're just making sure the structure is one that works the best for us regarding FFP etc, which is the right thing to do. If the deal doesn't go through it won't be because of an odd £5 million, that's more Mike Ashley's style and pissing off the other clubs.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

From what the guy at Sevilla has come out with today, it seems to me that our lot have been conducting negotiations in the right way. I get the feeling that the injury to Kounde and perhaps difficulty in approaches for potential Carlos replacements, ultimately made that move difficult.

Seems to me the money being discussed for Bruno is in the right ballpark, and we're just making sure the structure is one that works the best for us regarding FFP etc, which is the right thing to do. If the deal doesn't go through it won't be because of an odd £5 million, that's more Mike Ashley's style and pissing off the other clubs.

I agree, I really hope we get this one. If the player changes his mind that's understandable.

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is a great sign. All looking promising.

At this stage I think there's little doubt that he leaves Lyon, the worry is whether or not he comes here or we're gazumped. This kind of news doesn't really clarify that conundrum in any way.