Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, they clearly aren't far apart in their valuations. We never got close with Botman or Carlos.

And with Botman and Carlos we consistently heard they preferred to keep both until the summer, and that it would take an extraordinary offer for either for them to move. And so they were constantly asking for more money in both instances. It's been nothing like that for Bruno and so I don't think the situation is comparable at all.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Lyon are already moving for a player that will come in based on Bruno leaving. They are not going to be shifting the price around, pretty certain they are just ironing out the details on the payment schedule etc. 

Isn't the player Lyon are signing an attacker/winger though? (No idea if anyone else in their squad can fill in for Bruno)

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, they clearly aren't far apart in their valuations. We never got close with Botman or Carlos.

I’m just referring to the news yesterday we had agreed a deal and now all of a sudden it’s a different price etc. Obviously he could be talking rubbish of course 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Isn't the player Lyon are signing an attacker/winger though? (No idea if anyone else in their squad can fill in for Bruno)

They have Caqueret and Thiago Mendes that are also central midfielders.

Favre is an attacking midfielder, yes, however Lyon have played with a number of different formations, and so it might not be a direct like for like change, as it will depend on how they are looking to shape the team going forward.

The key thing is that they are unlikely to have been spending the sum of money they are on Favre unless they felt confident money was coming in, as their current financial situation is not that strong, and they are not goign too well in the league at the minute so may well be out of Europe next season.

I've never been so excited for a player I've never heard of, a bit of Dennis Wise scouting though and I'm really impressed with how he reads the game. He has so many attributes that we are missing in midfield, he could really transform us.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They have Caqueret and Thiago Mendes that are also central midfielders.

Favre is an attacking midfielder, yes, however Lyon have played with a number of different formations, and so it might not be a direct like for like change, as it will depend on how they are looking to shape the team going forward.

The key thing is that they are unlikely to have been spending the sum of money they are on Favre unless they felt confident money was coming in, as their current financial situation is not that strong, and they are not goign too well in the league at the minute so may well be out of Europe next season.

We we’re also linked with Paqueta earlier in the window, I’m presuming he is a more attacking midfielder.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/8100426/lyon-lucas-paqueta-newcastle-transfer-snub/

32 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Do not walk away. Please. This is the most important deal we could make this window imo. Incredible quality in our weakest position. This is the one you compromise and overpay for. 

You're very pessimistic.

43 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Do not walk away. Please. This is the most important deal we could make this window imo. Incredible quality in our weakest position. This is the one you compromise and overpay for. 

Seeing as there is a bit of 90's nostalgia around the place. 

Edited by toontownman
Wow. Never saw the video for this before! More heavy than the post was supposed to be!