Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

37 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

A poacher wouldn’t fit us? That’s pretty much exactly what Wilson is. Just not quite good or reliable enough.

Wilson has more physicality to his game. Gabigol is pretty anonymous whenever he plays for the national side. Does well in a team built around him with lots of movement. which is the exact opposite to us at this point. 

Just now, Flip said:

Wilson has more physicality to his game. Gabigol is pretty anonymous whenever he plays for the national side. Does well in a team built around him with lots of movement. which is the exact opposite to us at this point. 

Is that what Howe is building up to eventually, he wants us to be more possession based with frontal movement in and around the outside of the box and down the flanks for runners into the box? Mind I’ve not heard or seen of Barbosa. But fuck it, sign ALL OF THE BRAZILIANS!

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

We need another striker with decent movement and pace that looks to get in behind. Is Gabigol good at that would you say? 

We essentially need an alternative to Wilson, as he's the only striker we have like that really, as Gayle is absolutely done.

Just now, KaKa said:

We need another striker with decent movement and pace that looks to get in behind. Is Gabigol good at that would you say? 

We essentially need an alternative to Wilson, as he's the only striker we have like that really, as Gayle is absolutely done.

The few times I’ve seen him he’s been either great or an absolute lazy bastard. He’s a great finisher and inside the box he’s very good, but outside of it he’s mostly anonymous and doesn’t do much.

I might be biased, cause I’m not his biggest fan as he’s a lazy bastard everywhere and possesses nowhere near the talent of a player who should be allowed to do that. He’s no Romario like.

42 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Although he's obviously not quick, Wood does make those runs. If you watch the video of his goals for Burnley a lot of them came from him running behind the defence onto a through ball. A Burnley fan I know was going on about him not being able to stay onside, but that's possibly just a sign of him making those runs and not having the players to spot them.

Wood hasn't scored goals this season though, and while I saw plenty of movement in his highlight videos, not seen much sign of it in his two games for us. He looks lethargic and clumsy.

16 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Even if Bruno clears medical today, isn't Brazil due to play another game on Tue? By the time he gets to Newcastle, it may be Thu. Hope he settles down quickly and play against Everton

I think we should all be prepared for "unpopular" players starting with new signings on the bench vs Everton, unless they have played in the PL before. Howe is normally pretty strict with easing players in. 

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

The few times I’ve seen him he’s been either great or an absolute lazy bastard. He’s a great finisher and inside the box he’s very good, but outside of it he’s mostly anonymous and doesn’t do much.

I might be biased, cause I’m not his biggest fan as he’s a lazy bastard everywhere and possesses nowhere near the talent of a player who should be allowed to do that. He’s no Romario like.

Ah, okay. Fair enough.

Just from a pressing point of view defensively, that doesn't sound great, as it won't work in Howe's setup. Probably why no one's taken a punt on him.

15 minutes ago, Flip said:

NO ONE IS, or ever will be, ah one of my true footballing heroes :smitten:

32 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think we should all be prepared for "unpopular" players starting with new signings on the bench vs Everton, unless they have played in the PL before. Howe is normally pretty strict with easing players in. 

If he's there and fit he will start we don't have the luxury of easing players in.

Is he a one name Brazilian? When was the last time we had a player so cool he only needed one name? Mirandinha? 
not that he was that cool mind. Although being a short arse in the era of the long ball game was not ideal

to be fair on him. Who was it he kicked up the arse? 

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Is he a one name Brazilian? When was the last time we had a player so cool he only needed one name? Mirandinha? 
not that he was that cool mind. Although being a short arse in the era of the long ball game was not ideal

Beasant who went on to sign for us.

3 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Joelinton?

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Joelinton Cássio Apolinário de Lira

You can see why they go with the one name thing tbh, wouldn't fancy the chances of getting all that on the back of his shirt.