Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Has Romano been wrong once this window?

Heard people say all he does is pinch other takes but if that is the case he seems to be very good at it.

Good piece on him by Rory Smith that came out this week; worth a read.

Hope we've offered him really really good wages. As well as selling him the idea of our project and it's ambitions. One thing if he goes to a top club, but not Arsenal stranded in the middle of nowhere and have been for ages. Take the money from us please.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still not convinced this is a goer, but it can only be a good thing that Lyon and his agent are refusing to comment.

I think the issue will be convincing this lad to come. Looking like he wants to hold out until a better prospect come knocking. Just have to hope Arsenal or another ‘bigger’ team don’t have a 30 million need for a cm.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I think the issue will be convincing this lad to come. Looking like he wants to hold out until a better prospect come knocking. Just have to hope Arsenal or another ‘bigger’ team don’t have a 30 million need for a cm.

Well we need to sort it out rather sharpish, no fannying on for days.

"Do you want to come?"

"no"

"ok, bye"

Move on to next one on the list.  We could probably go through hundreds of players a day with the swift technique.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Well we need to sort it out rather sharpish, no fannying on for days.

"Do you want to come?"

"no"

"ok, bye"

Move on to next one on the list.  We could probably go through hundreds of players a day with the swift technique.

We should have been doing that with the clubs also

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw, Arsenal fans on twitter seem to think he’s quite far down their list of targets 

I was saying this yesterday. Edu really likes the Brazilian at Juventus, Arthur, and has been trying to get him in on an initial loan deal.

Just now, r0cafella said:

Yeah, I’ve been reading reports of this all January. 

Yup, that has been their main midfield target, and he's available and so I think they'll ultimately seal that deal.

For what it's worth I think Arthur is absolutely top class as well. We were also linked with him tentatively towards the end of last year, but I think Arsenal have always been favourites there.

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If these get Guimaraes, we should aim there again on loan.

I think I'd rather offer Guimaraes stupid money to persuade him to come here instead of Arsenal. This lad has all the bite and hunger that Gini would never show for us.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think I'd rather offer Guimaraes stupid money to persuade him to come here instead of Arsenal. This lad has all the bite and hunger that Gini would never show for us.

If it did come to a choice between ourselves or Arsenal and he had a preference to go to Arsenal, offering him stupid money would not change his mind. Arsenal hardly pay peanuts.

I don't believe he is Arsenal's priority for the midfield position and so I don't think there will be any need to try and pull of such a stunt anyway.