Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

So what's going on?

Ornstein, Romano and the rest of crew believe we've agreed a fee for this lad, but the finer details are to be ironed out. Lyon then put out a statement denying an agreement had been reached. Ryder thinks we've booked a provisional medical for Friday, which is what earlier reports were suggesting.

It's when people say stuff like "this is torture"...! It looks like we have a decent chance of signing a very good player. It is not certain yet, but how do modern football fans not know that transfers are difficult to do, especially when clubs were not originally looking to sell? It gets right on my hefty ginger tits when people slate the new owners about how they're going about their business - they are clearly trying hard and working out targets which are (I would call it) realistically ambitious. To wit; had we never gone after Botman or Carlos but signed Dan Burn outright, people would moan (I reckon) that it was a signing lacking ambition. The reports on this story are actually largely in chorus: fee agreed, details of payment not, medical pencilled in but not confirmed as on, at this stage looks likely to progress. Nobody has said we have signed him. 

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Tim Vickery on “the radio” now…

Made some interesting points. Especially about how he struggles against high press teams and was subbed early against Man City & Bayern Munich and might struggle to move ball around quick enough. Big character and up for a challenge. Improved is left foot (along with his French) and has improved greatly last several months. 7.5/10 WB 🙂

Guest neesy111
Just now, LFEE said:

Made some interesting points. Especially about how he struggles against high press teams and was subbed early against Man City & Bayern Munich and might struggle to move ball around quick enough. Big character and up for a challenge. Improved is left foot (along with his French) and has improved greatly last several months. 7.5/10 WB 🙂

Sounds very much like Cabaye then.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Vickery is such a nego. That was a negative and right now I need two positives, one to cancel out the negative and another one so I can have a positive. 

He was very positive about NUFC as a club and SJP/Fans telling a nice little Steve Perryman anecdote. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Vickery is such a nego. That was a negative and right now I need two positives, one to cancel out the negative and another one so I can have a positive. 

you're a lovely man and the world is your oyster

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Vickery clearly hasn't seen our midfielders if he thinks Bruno struggles against a high press. Ours couldn't handle a low or middling press. Or even a fucking garlic press for that matter.

Did Vickery go for a job in our new set up and get denied or something. Seems to want to poo poo all our signings. 

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Did Vickery go for a job in our new set up and get denied or something. Seems to want to poo poo all our signings. 

No he’s just very balanced and intelligent with his views on players. He hardly poo poo’d him. Not sure what give you that idea.