Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

10 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's understandable, but I don't think people always get that we are the ones in the process of becoming the massive club. There aren't many clubs in Europe not looking over their shoulders at us now. Anything is possible, but we don't have to be too despondent about chances of him being here for a very long time to come.

Under Ashley he'd be seeing the £ signs (although he would grossly under value him). Our new owners are super rich and in their other endeavours (the Saudis that is) have massive egos and want the best things. I can't see them selling him.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:
On 01/10/2022 at 14:48, HaydnNUFC said:

Think I must've posted this 2 or 3 times in this thread :lol: but he's the best player I've ever seen play for us. He's world class. 

Hatem, then Bruno. 

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

My favourite thing about him, is the feeling I get about his motives, I reckon he could go anywhere for instant glory, but I think he wants to make something from scratch.  Reach his ambitions with a club that wasn't already successful, with a team that is going to be built around him. 

He's fuckin mint. 

He might fuck off to Real Madrid in January like then I'm pure wrong as fuck. 

I agree with the first part, surround him with class players over a period of time and I’m sure he’ll want to stay and win things with us ….We don’t have to sell now, unless he wanted to go, and I really think he’ll want to stay if we keep progressing 

Even if he does leave, it'll be for a big fee and we know it'll be reinvested back into the squad, not just lining up some fat cunt's wallet for his trashy business.

I think if we push on and get some European football he'll stay. 

Edited by mikejaxer

24 minutes ago, Karjala said:

For sure the next major test of the owners is going to come within a year when a top team comes in with a ridiculous offer for Bruno.

Extend his contract and put in a ridiculous release clause 1st.

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Extend his contract and put in a ridiculous release clause 1st.

He’ll get an extension for sure this year because he will have deserved it. Didn’t he only sign something like a four year deal when he signed so it also makes sense in that regard too

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

For sure the next major test of the owners is going to come within a year when a top team comes in with a ridiculous offer for Bruno.

I think we’re probably safe next season at least. He’s young enough to not have to worry about the “big move” just yet and he seems to be genuinely happy here right now. What’s more there’s a project and progression which he can see and we

obviously have no desire to sell unlike years gone by. Next summer we’ll see major recruitment again and we may well be in Europe.

I can see why they didn’t sign Paqueta with the way Bruno is playing. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Remember watching the james Lawrence allcot channel on YouTube talking about him at the time of the transfer, not really knowing anything of Bruno before but excited that he should be a step up over the midfielders we had.

Not a chance did I think he would be of the quality he is, and absolutely love the fact that he's bought in to the clubs project so much

There’s no way he’s leaving unless we actively want to sell him.

Which we don’t. 

Really don’t get why a few folk are worried about this, perhaps some need to have a look at their wider anxiety issues. 

29 minutes ago, LV said:

There’s no way he’s leaving unless we actively want to sell him.

Which we don’t. 

Really don’t get why a few folk are worried about this, perhaps some need to have a look at their wider anxiety issues. 

I like the optimism here, but if Real Madrid roll up next summer with a big offer you don’t think he’d be on his way? 

Pointless! Enjoy it for what it is now instead of worrying or whatever about hypothetical scenarios. He won’t be leaving anytime soon. If he does then talk about it once there’s actually things happening.

Edited by Ikon