Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Came alive with some movement ahead of him. He doesn’t get enough from Joelinton and Wilson, although the game did open up a lot once they were behind. He needs players darting about for him like Miggy does.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He out that lovely through ball on for Murphy on the left and Murphy just stared at it

Thought that was slightly understandable given the situation, Murphy was probably just expecting to keep possession and play it safe. Great ball though. 

It might just be because of the ridiculously high bar he has set. But I thought he was below his usual standards. 

Probably being harsh and expecting too much, mind. As his numbers were good and Ol Don on commentary was constantly praising him. 

I thought Schar, Pope, Almiron and Trippier were all more deserving of MOTM. 

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

It might just be because of the ridiculously high bar he has set. But I thought he was below his usual standards.

After every game there is a comment like this about Bruno😃

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Probably being harsh and expecting too much, mind. As his numbers were good and Ol Don on commentary was constantly praising him. 

I thought Schar, Pope, Almiron and Trippier were all more deserving of MOTM. 

He looked loads better once Joelinton moved in to the middle 

9 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m with you here. As big @Rich put it, he came alive after ASM and Isak came on, but before that I felt as he was subpar. Lost possession a lot with weak misplaced passes. Very surprised he got motm.

He played an inverse game to Trippier, who I thought had a cracking first half and a poor second. Bruno was poor, by his own high standards, in the first half but definitely grew into it and improved later on.

He seems to need a bit of rattling to produce his best sometimes, think Alcaraz and Lyanco getting into him did us no harm at all.

I was somewhat tongue-in-cheek about it being Matteo's fault, but I don't think he's produced a truly world-class performance for some time now.

Last night, he lost the ball a bit (dodgy pitch) but his defensive work was outrageous, kept & took the ball in lots of high-pressure situations, and played some absolutely fantastic passes (even in the first half). I think we're at the point with him now where we notice more of the bad than the good because he so often makes the right choice.

7 hours ago, joeyt said:

His pass to set Isak through at the end was beautiful 

Hopefully a sign of things to come, unlucky that the goalie got a a good finger tip to it to push Isak wide. But exciting to see the vision and the movement for future games.