Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Fabinho's was far worse and still not a red after VAR, corrupt wankers. Ref was desperate for them to score again.

That’s total twoddle. They are not somehow really linked apart from in your head. Both should have been sent off, one wasn’t.

Thought the ref was fair enough tonight, shite in the last game.

It’s not the end of the world. I’ve thought Bruno has been a little off his usual top tier level for a few weeks, despite still picking up man of the match awards. Think the World Cup took a lot mentally from him in terms of fatigue. A few games off will be good for him.

We have to learn to play without him, if we struggle for the next 3 league games then it should be a shot in the arm for our summer recruitment. Bruno is unreal but we're not a one man team and we have to survive without him. 

He was unreal tonight for the first 50-60 mins. Don’t particularly have a problem with the aggression he was showing in the second half… it was a very slightly mistimed tackle that ultimately became dangerous. I don’t think he was wild with it or anything. Could happen to anyone.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Seemed to lose composure after not being given the foul when he picked the ball up, but I don't think the red-card foul was linked to that. Was sort of like the Mitrovic one v Arsenal when he first arrived. Think it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, was just mistimed and dangerous as a result.

Their lad got to it and turned into him a little, think he was expecting a 50:50 but either way it was still piss poor. Thankfully their lad was alright. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He was unreal tonight for the first 50-60 mins. Don’t particularly have a problem with the aggression he was showing in the second half… it was a very slightly mistimed tackle that ultimately became dangerous. I don’t think he was wild with it or anything. Could happen to anyone.

To me getting in the referee's face a couple of times and having his mates pull him back and talk to him wasn't the best look and not very smart. That red would have been given more than likely no matter what he had done previously though.

Edited by McDog

He needs to learn that as a club we are saddled with wanker referees 4 games out of 5 and that their shite decisions can't influence him or frustrate him too much.

Still think he was a little bit hard done by when you look at other tackles of late where nowt so harsh was done (Fabinho) but hopefully he learns from that one tonight.

P.s. fuck Tierney the bald shit wanker.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

It’s been brewing tbf, though personally thought this one was harsh, he does have a (not totally unappealing) edge to his game and gives it a lot of verbals (tonight included) to refs and opponents. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Having seen the replay I think he’s pretty unlucky. Their player’s foot comes over the top of the ball and lands where he can’t anticipate. Seems like both players basically make the same action with their legs and one gets sent off. 

Anyway, these things happen, hope we can keep him sharp for the final. 

It’s a poor challenge but the 3 game-ban rule is daft and should have been chucked a while ago. I still think a better system is that most red cards should result in a penalty awarded to the opposition rather than a sending off and ban but that’s another conversation really.

His challenge was no more reckless than Caleta-Car’s challenge on Miggy in the first half last week, or countless other challenges we see up and down the country, with the difference being where the opponents foot lands in relation to it. Every time a player lunges in there’s the potential for that to happen.

It’s just daft having such a chasm between the punishments based on something outside of the offending players control.

Might be a bit biased but I think it’s an unlucky red. Particularly considering it was an overturned yellow card. If you consider the decision we haven’t had via VAR that one getting a second look seems very harsh. 

3 games without him is going to be rough. Especially considering our lack of depth there.

Immense player but showing signs of getting too emotional at times and probably just needed to calm down a bit yesterday. He was snapping away in challenges that you felt one was coming. I don’t think he went out to hurt anyone but it was dangerous so you’re always treading a fine line.

I can’t wait when he moves further forward when we bring in a full number 6. On a side note, yes it’s frustrating he’s missing for 3 games but he’s back for the final and we need to learn how to play without him at times. 

7 hours ago, Magpie said:

Fabinho's was far worse and still not a red after VAR, corrupt wankers. Ref was desperate for them to score again.

Delicious irony that he serves no ban and Bruno is out v LiVARpool.