Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Misplaced tackle, a couple of inches lower it would have been top of the foot and a yellow. I don't think it was malicious, it didn't help that the Southampton player' feet were all over the place as well. Had he not miscontrolled it in the first place Bruno wouldn't have put his foot it.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

It was a red like but I feel like the ref had Bruno fired up with a tackle on him that wasn’t given, then a hand ball against him when he was fouled and grabbed the ball.

He was pissing the ref off as well, lots of sweary moaning. Probs doesn’t help. Also, while I am on. I was well impressed with the full-volume expletive-strewn rage from BDB at the assistant. Good to see up close that he’s got those levels in him! 

1 hour ago, RS said:

No chance of an appeal on the basis of the previously VAR reviewed Liverpool decision?

Doubt it. I believe PGMOL have already come out (after the game of course) and stated that the fabinho incident should have been a red. 

It was a red, it doesn't matter really if it was accidental, we can't have tackles like that being common occurance and refs can't base decisions heavily on intent. He was also throwing daft tackles around. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and this is the disadvantage of that, Trippier came up to him to calm him down when the yellow was given which was unfortunately too late as it turned out. First red of his career speaks that this isn't a big part of his game

Guest reefatoon

It was a red but it wasn’t malicious. Watching it over and over, their player does the same movement (studs down past the ball) but he managed to plant his foot on the ground just before Bruno did.

There's only one match which I'm really not happy about him missing, and that's against Liverpool. I've been looking forward to giving them payback all season for robbing us of our unbeaten run, but that is going to be exponentially harder without our best player in such a key position.

3 hours ago, RS said:

No chance of an appeal on the basis of the previously VAR reviewed Liverpool decision?

Nope, said Liverpool one should have been a red, Bruno’s was a pretty shitty tackle so wouldn’t waste time as remember someone being given an extra game for a “spurious appeal”.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

There's only one match which I'm really not happy about him missing, and that's against Liverpool. I've been looking forward to giving them payback all season for robbing us of our unbeaten run, but that is going to be exponentially harder without our best player in such a key position.

I agree with you. But, counterpoint...they're shite?

Would be great having a full strength squad against Liverpool, but I would bet good money that Bruno being out for 3 weeks because of a silly mistake will have him completely fired up for the final and go in with a point to prove 

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I agree with you. But, counterpoint...they're shite?

Well they aren't really are they? They're still a team full of high class internationals, we saw that when we were beating them at Anfield, then we could barely get the ball off them in the second half.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Well they aren't really are they? They're still a team full of high class internationals, we saw that when we were beating them at Anfield, then we could barely get the ball off them in the second half.

That was a while back, they've more injury problems since then and have never looked convincing whenever I've seen them. Bruno a big miss but I still fancy us to beat them at SJP.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Red card being multi game ban is still just simply odd business to me. You already lose said player for that match, perhaps the nature of the offense should determine the actual penalty

It does. He got 3 games for violent conduct/dangerous play. He'd have got one for a second yellow, 2 for dissent, one for a professional foul etc

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Red card being multi game ban is still just simply odd business to me. You already lose said player for that match, perhaps the nature of the offense should determine the actual penalty

It’s just daft, we see those challenges all the time without the money-shot of an ankle bending and they’re yellows.

I’m happy for Bruno to walk when it goes wrong (like it did last night) but 3 games is too much.

Had no idea it was considered dangerous play, fair enough.  

Just feel that exact tackle was a split second ball win or nasty foot stamp. I consider dangerous play to be far worse than that.