Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I thought he lost his head a bit second half.  But weirdly, as awful as the slow mo's and the still images look.  I didn't think he went in to do him, for all that it was a red.  Just a fraction late and his studs are up.  So once you make contact like that, it's usually going to be given.   

He should have been booked not long before.  Seemed fuming for not getting what looked like a foul and then getting done for handball.  Left one on Lavia (I think it was?) and then about a minute later, looked to put a naughty one on him from behind.

I said his emotional nature would result in him getting a red or two for us over the years.  Wasn't quite expecting it so soon! 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, even just two games would be somewhat more proportionate. 

Will be interesting to see how much we miss him. His quality is undeniable but it's only appeared in flashes since his wee man was born; there's a very clear 'before and after' in terms of his performances imo. I kinda think he's been asking for a red too in terms of some of how he's been going into challenges. As it happened last night's was pretty unlucky despite being the correct call. 

There could be benefits to this. He'll be very well rested and massively up for it come final day, like. Hopefully can finish the season in the way he started it. 

Apart from before the world cup I think it was.  Where he did seem to drop off for a game or two.  I am really not seeing this, despite plenty saying the same.  He still is about the only player in the side that regularly attempts, never mind completes through balls.  His defensive work is superb and is one of our only players who is competent at receiving the ball under pressure and not losing it.  Whenever we have highlights of our games, he always seems to be involved in the build up, directly creating the chance or the shot itself.  

I think he is trying to force it a bit at times and does try his samba skills in some weird areas.  But I think it is an absolute myth that he has been 'worse' since his kid was born. 

40 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Thought he was magnificent in the first 30 mins and he has definitely been more aggressive in recent games. Last night was a lesson to just reign that aggression in a tiny bit.

It was his best 45 mins for a long time I thought, he was absolutely imperious in the first half.

57 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A tackle where studs ae higher than the boot and ankle is high.

It's dangerous and an awful tackle precisely because it's high, studs up and late. Malicious intent? No. But reckless, impetuous and dangerous - yes.

It’s not high bro. It’s not high at all. If you roll the ball with your studs you’re basically saying that’s high. The connection was at ankle. High is above the height of the ball. 

No chance of getting it appealed like, it’s one of those where it’s clear it should be a red when you imagine the shoe being on the other foot. More tackles should be reds though, just make the punishment fairer to suit.

The fact he ran around booting the fuck out of people minutes before probably won’t help his case either [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

It's a stonewall red. I don't it was a malicious challenge, but it was definitely reckless and put his opponent at risk.

I'm gutted that we'll lose his control and creativity, particularly v Liverpool. Every cloud has a silver lining though, Joe will come back into midfield where he's more effective and it'll give one of more creative wingers an opportunity. With Gordon a newbie and Isak potentially out of action, I'll be surprised if it isn't ASM. If we play to his strengths he has the potential to have Coufal and TAA on toast. 

11 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Knowing our luck we’d appeal and he’d get an extra game added on for a frivolous appeal.

I hate that an appeal is met with further punishment. Wtf is that stupidity? You don’t get to speak up or defend yourself?

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's a stonewall red. I don't it was a malicious challenge, but it was definitely reckless and put his opponent at risk.

So why didn't Salisu see red for nearly taking Miggy's head off? I don't think it (Salisu) was anything other than a foul, just pointing out that if you go on potential impact without intent then this was probably more dangerous in potential impact than Bruno's.

For me Bruno's was a red for a mistimed challenge above the ankle but its a crime worthy of a one match ban, not 3

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I hate that an appeal is met with further punishment. Wtf is that stupidity? You don’t get to speak up or defend yourself?

It is a bit stupid, but I think it’s designed to stop teams from appealing so they can play the next game which maybe a key game when there is a quick turnaround of fixtures.

I'm now somewhat ridiculously terrified that there's a royal death or horrific weather that leads to the postponement of one of our games :lol: 

The mackems will probably ring a bomb scare to SJP this weekend or something.

Not ideal he misses the 3 league games either, mind. Great chance to pick up at least 7 points.