Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, TorchyTBB said:

Remind me please, did we nick the "We've got Bruno in the middle" chant from some other team, or did we invent it?  I'm curious as nearly every team seems to have a version of it now. Ta,

Totally irrelevant, but everytime I see your username I sing the theme tune and it's annoying as shit for the rest of the day [emoji38]

With ligament injuries, there's a grey area where the joint feels okay but you're vulnerable to aggravating the problem. The situation reminds me of when Fergie played Rooney a week after he sprained his ankle in the first leg of a CL game with Bayern. He lasted 20 minutes and he wasn't quite the same player afterwards. Wilshere's career was ruined after aggravating an ankle problem - again his manager was anxious to get him back. Kane has had long term problems with his ankle. 

Eddie lost an entire year of his playing career by aggravating a knee problem, so I think he takes a cautious approach to these things (eg Isak). Sorry to be a miserable git, but I don't think a week is long enough.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Totally irrelevant, but everytime I see your username I sing the theme tune and it's annoying as shit for the rest of the day [emoji38]

I was that upset when they took it off, me Dad wrote to TTTV, but to no avail.  I was devastated!

6 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Remind me please, did we nick the "We've got Bruno in the middle" chant from some other team, or did we invent it?  I'm curious as nearly every team seems to have a version of it now. Ta,

Nicked it, like we have with most of our current songbook sadly :(

3 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

I was that upset when they took it off, me Dad wrote to TTTV, but to no avail.  I was devastated!

Gives me nightmares, in fact any early Gerry Anderson work is canny creepy[emoji38]

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts on the bench and stays there as it's a bit too early for him. The rest wouldn't harm him and his appearance there would help consolidate our position in transfer negotiations.

Does anyone know if he’s trained? Typically Howe doesn’t include anyone who wasn’t in the preparation for the game.

if he is fit I’d give him the first half so we get our business done early in the match. Then begin resting who we need.