Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 hours ago, buzza said:

Yes, hes primarily a defensive midfielder bit he is classy at getting out of tight situations

If I have a worry, it's that. Premiership players are generally stronger and referees are more lenient with challenges. He might end up losing the ball in dangerous situations. I'm sure Our Eddie will have a word with him about that.

8 hours ago, buzza said:

Just watched two videos of him: reminds me a bit of Ben Arfa, how he has his arms when drbbling/running and also how he attacks the space afyer getting round/through the opposition.

Very excited:footy:

And look how the premier league players responded to Ben area - they broken his legs, dirty bastrds 

Still hope we’ve got a defensive midfielder lined up to play next to him. I’m sure Shelvey and him won’t work. Bruno has done well when he has another defensive midfielder that can do most of the dirty work. If we arw replacing Cabaye now, we need to replace Tiote as well. 

Just now, Flip said:

Still hope we’ve got a defensive midfielder lined up to play next to him. I’m sure Shelvey and him won’t work. Bruno has done well when he has another defensive midfielder that can do most of the dirty work. If we arw replacing Cabaye now, we need to replace Tiote as well. 

Hendrick :snod:

1 minute ago, Flip said:

This being said he could easily be the defensive midfielder in a ball dominant side. But we are not that yet.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Btw, this is probably bullshit but we have allegedly told Bruno we plan to spend 400 mill over the next couple of years. 

well we better be spending that money with our new owners :lol:

I know its daft but it's seriously mad that this time last year we couldn't afford a loan fee for a Leicester part time player, now we're signing this lad who is rated as one of the best in his position. Its still hard to take in. 

Just now, Charlies said:

I know its daft but it's seriously mad that this time last year we couldn't afford a loan fee for a Leicester part time player, now we're signing this lad who is rated as one of the best in his position. Its still hard to take in. 

Well, we could afford it we just happened to have the worlds tightest billionaire owner. 

agree though, it should all start to sink in during this summer especially if we can stay up. 

We are making big boy signings. This is a move that Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool would make. Its the sort of move that Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs would like to make but because they are such a mess they keep cocking up their transfer policies.  

I think this is a top signing in every single department. Been desperate for a quality midfielder since Cabaye, vastly improves us, got age on his side, would get into a Man Utd, Spurs or Arsenal side and improve those. Plus from a marketing side as well. He's one good looking bastard.

16 minutes ago, Flip said:

This being said he could easily be the defensive midfielder in a ball dominant side. But we are not that yet.

What about sitting that bit deeper and having the legs of Joelinton and Willock ahead of him? 

I think we will persevere with the 3, for now. I also think Shelvey will start most games when fit.  

Just now, LV said:

Joelinton’s the defensive midfielder isn’t he? When we I’ve seen him play he’s been brilliant at breaking up play. He was fantastic against Man U. 

Well he’s the only one who consistently wins the ball back from tackles and interceptions. But Shelvey always seems to sit that bit deeper. Doesn’t really protect the centre backs, mind. 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

If I have a worry, it's that. Premiership players are generally stronger and referees are more lenient with challenges. He might end up losing the ball in dangerous situations. I'm sure Our Eddie will have a word with him about that.

Our Eddie telling Bruno Guimaraes not to lose the ball in dangerous situations. Brilliant. 

Guimares is the very definition of a ball-winning, deep-lying playmaker. In an ideal world, he replaces Shelvey and another midfielder comes in to run onto through balls and advance the play into the box. Get Aaron Ramsey in on loan and Joelinton - Guimares (sitting deeper) - Ramsey will easily see us safe. Look at that chart a couple pages back and you will know that Shelvey should never be a starter for a Premier League club.

There's not really much to debate. It will be Shelvey, Joelinton and Bruno in midfield. They will defend as a team and attack as a team. By the sounds of it, we have become instantly better at both attacking and defending by signing this guy.