Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Bruno not starting tonight as it will be Fabinho Paqueta and Coutinho unlike what was reported yesterday.

55 minutes ago, nortoon said:

I mean Fred played last game. [emoji38]

I’m not his biggest fan my any means. But he has four assist and one goal in his last seven for Man U, while being Motm for the national side in the past two games. It’s looking more of a case of having been misused than anything right now. I mean there has to be some reason three managers keep starting him over and over again. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Reckon Bruno is good enough to drag Joelinton into future Brazil squads?

Bruno isn’t good enough to drag himself into the squad (when injury free) at the moment. Hopefully he can blossom with us, but he still has a bit to go before he nails down a spot for the WC. As for Big Jo, well that’s most probably never going to happen. 

Hope we give this lad some time if he doesn't hit the ground running, people seem to think he is Kante and KDB mixed into one when in reality he hasn't even played in the Premier, I think he is a great player and looking forward to seeing him play and he may come in and tear it up but he may not at first. 

Edited by HWTL

Just now, HWTL said:

Hope we give this lad some time if he doesn't hit the ground running, people seem to think he is Kante and KDB mixed into one when in reality he hasn't even played in the Premier, I think he is a great player but and looking forward to seeing him play and he may come in and tear it up but he may not at first. 

Sure, but if his first game is against Everton, I hope he goes up to Van Der Berk and Comedy Alli and says "I'm about to show you why you couldn't get a game".  Then follows a sequence much like Denzel Washington pre-visualising what he's going to do to his opponents in the Equalizer reboots.

Just listening to the Totally Football Show

James Richardson: so Bruno Guimarães has joined Newcastle from Lyon...why is everyone getting so very excited about this signing?

Tom Williams: Because he's brilliant. He's an absolutely brilliant footballer. He's a very well-rounded central midfield organiser. He's got great feet, he's a brilliant passer of the ball, he's got a great engine, he does pretty much everything you could ask of a deep lying central midfielder.

:smug:

Imagine if he ends up somehow being shit. :lol:

Well worth listening to to find out more about him and his character. Literally everything about him on and off the pitch is so impressive.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, CaliMag said:

Apologies if already asked and discussed before... his name is pronounced Why-Mare-ish right? (That is "Mare" as in "Nightmare.")

Wtf. I've been saying Gui (as in Graphical User Interface) - Mah - Reyes (former Sevilla/Arsenal player). 

4 minutes ago, CaliMag said:

Apologies if already asked and discussed before... his name is pronounced Why-Mare-ish right? (That is "Mare" as in "Nightmare.")

I stated in another thread he's friggen Bruno until I take up Portugese.

4 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Wtf. I've been saying Gui (as in Graphical User Interface) - Mah - Reyes (former Sevilla/Arsenal player). 

Seen pundits here and abroad saying Gui-mah-raesh 

Fuck knows lol. Twitter the club Twitter to send a pronunciation tweet lol

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Seen pundits here and abroad saying Gui-mah-raesh 

Fuck knows lol. Twitter the club Twitter to send a pronunciation tweet lol

I've been off that mental asylum for a few years now, no way am I logging back in. I'm sure my notifications are off the hook. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just listening to the Totally Football Show

James Richardson: so Bruno Guimarães has joined Newcastle from Lyon...why is everyone getting so very excited about this signing?

Tom Williams: Because he's brilliant. He's an absolutely brilliant footballer. He's a very well-rounded central midfield organiser. He's got great feet, he's a brilliant passer of the ball, he's got a great engine, he does pretty much everything you could ask of a deep lying central midfielder.

:smug:

Imagine if he ends up somehow being shit. :lol:

Well worth listening to to find out more about him and his character. Literally everything about him on and off the pitch is so impressive.

Hey @Kid Icarus - what episode was this in? Cheers :)

No worries - I found it, the episode '
Spectacularity' - 38 mins in.

Edited by elbee909

Guest reefatoon

Someone mentioned Gayle earlier. Thinking about it, it is the type of through balls that Gayle used to thrive on. He's been going through the motions for years now, but could someone like Bruno ignite something in him again if he got a chance to play? 

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Someone mentioned Gayle earlier. Thinking about it, it is the type of through balls that Gayle used to thrive on. He's been going through the motions for years now, but could someone like Bruno ignite something in him again if he got a chance to play? 

As good as Wood's stats are in the air, it was actually Barnes who was the battering ram in their partnership. Wood made the runs in behind.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As good as Wood's stats are in the air, it was actually Barnes who was the battering ram in their partnership. Wood made the runs in behind.

As long as someone benefits from Bruno's style of play, then we will be laughing.