Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

37 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Bielsa doesn't fuck around with that English malarkey.

that would wind me up if I was a Leeds fan, the old fuck.

I've got a sneaky feeling Bruno will start against West Ham, but will support Howe's decision regardless. think he's a much better man manager than he gets credit for.

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

The twisting when we next lose a game that he doesnt start in is going to be epic like [emoji38]

Actually think that will be the prompt that gets him into the team. You ideally don't want to change a winning team too much, especially when Joe, Shelvey and Willock have been some of our best performers over that run. We get beat I imagine it will be a good chance to change/freshen things up a bit. 

The thing I worry about with Bruno is that he’s come here with this momentum and self belief from his time in France and he could have carried that straight into the team. Look at his 6 minute debut for example.

I just think the longer he doesn’t start we risk losing some of the fire in his belly and belief that he has got in himself and it could affect his performances. He must be canny frustrated at not getting much time.

This could all be bollocks of course because I don’t know what he’s thinking, but it’s just a worry I have.

Plus I really want to see him play! 

1 minute ago, LV said:

The thing I worry about with Bruno is that he’s come here with this momentum and self belief from his time in France and he could have carried that straight into the team. Look at his 6 minute debut for example.

I just think the longer he doesn’t start we risk losing some of the fire in his belly and belief that he has got in himself and it could affect his performances. He must be canny frustrated at not getting much time.

This could all be bollocks of course because I don’t know what he’s thinking, but it’s just a worry I have.

Plus I really want to see him play! 

Even if he does it's not like he's playing under the cabbage man, we've got Howe who has made Shelvey and Joelinton into actual good footballers

I trust Eddie to make the right decision but it seems to me that this match would've been the perfect time to give him a start.

It's one that we wouldn't expect to win on paper and he could explain benching Willock to him by saying he wants a more defensive player in there for this difficult away game, plus it would be a good idea to have a more defensive player in there for this difficult away game.

I am concerned that not starting him and not giving him enough time from the bench to earn his place (albeit due to the enforced subs and concern about Dubravka against Villa) is potentially creating an unnecessary issue and putting more pressure on him to instantly perform when he does get his chance.

18 minutes ago, Smal said:

You could potentially get him in the team with the existing midfield by playing a diamond.

Shelvey

Bruno Joelinton

Willock

Wood ASM

I think this could work… and would be even better with our first choice fullbacks. 

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

As said above we know that howe doesnt like to disrupt a team doing well.

But also, maybe he doesnt want Bruno walking into the team thinking hes billy big bollocks

Agree.
I would say Howe has done that now with putting him on the bench for two games. I think now would be the right time to find a place for him in the starting line up.

If he doesn't, something will happen eventually to allow his inclusion, be it injury or a ban for someone and I think everyone knows that once Bruno gets into that starting line up, he's never getting dropped.

57 minutes ago, Smal said:

You could potentially get him in the team with the existing midfield by playing a diamond.

Shelvey

Bruno Joelinton

Willock

Wood ASM

That's just another way of saying drop Fraser for Willock, and that's the wrong call right now in my opinion.