Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Looking back at the videos I'm surprised Tielemans didn't take Willock out when he went past him. Glad he didn't but he would have just got a yellow and Leicester a point.

Think he would have if he could have, but Willock burned him for pace when Tielemans was midstep.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Pace is usually considered part of athleticism.

That’s what I’ve been trying to say. You can’t just say he lacks athleticism when the only thing he seems to lack is world class speed. Ffs man. So just say “he lacks pace” instead of lacking athleticism which is a super general term and it stupidly discounts him in areas he’s fantastic at. 

1 hour ago, HUGZ said:

I'm trying to think of one elite level CM blessed with pace...

Feel like Kevin De Bruyne? He’s pretty rapid when he’s on the ball? Idk. Just weird way for people on this forum to try and find a fault in our best player. 

Tielemans is class and is not quick by any means. 

What a weird thing to get hung up on :lol: A few games ago there was a stat shown on the screen that he had the second fastet top speed recorded that game for us so he's clearly not slow. He may not be the quickest, but it isn't something that puts him at a disadvantage like more limited players such as Cack, Ritchie, Hendrick etc who would benefit much more than Bruno by being physically blessed to make up their short comings. The guy seems to be elite level through and through, and a great person on top of it. Just enjoy him.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

Athletics is not just about pace.

Covered more ground than anyone yesterday, as Cabaye always did. They both play/ed with massive intensity when it comes to pressing and tackling, too. They’re not Shelveying around the pitch, for the most part.

He also seems to have decent agility and very quick feet in tight spaces, as well as decent strength to hold off opponents.

Wasn't there also a game recently where he achieved the fastest top speed of anyone on the pitch? Or was that bollocks?

He looks like he's got a bit more about him than Cabaye. There was a part of the 2nd half yesterday where he was on the byline with 2 players around him, and scooped the ball over both their heads and ran past them - unfortunately stuck a poor cross in, but can't remember Cabaye weaving past players like Bruno does. 

Guest HTT II

He’s Cabaye with more attacking intent and drive, don’t get me wrong, Cabaye got forward and got goals, but his game was mainly to stay deeper and be a deep lying playmaker. Bruno from the games he’s played for us seems a more box to box ACM which is ironic given that’s not what his reputation has been built on. For now, Shelvey seems to work well with him, with Joe around him of course, improve on those two and Bruno will get 10 + goals from midfield easily!

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Wilock isn’t a winger mind; not sure why it keeps being mentioned.  

finding the perfect balance for our midfield is probably the gaffa biggest challenge. 

Probably because stuff like "X player isn't Y" is pretty archaic, and Willock has looked good down the wings this season, he specifically played there last night and won us the game, but playing on the right of a 3 earlier in the season he would often run down the channels.

He's quick, can go past players, is clever on and off the ball and can score goals. Not really sure why anyone would claim he isn't or cannot be a winger.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

13 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Probably because stuff like "X player isn't Y" is pretty archaic, and Willock has looked good down the wings this season, he specifically played there last night and won us the game, but playing on the right of a 3 earlier in the season he would often run down the channels.

He's quick, can go past players, is clever on and off the ball and can score goals. Not really sure why anyone would claim he isn't or cannot be a winger.

He was playing CM when he came on Joelinton was playing left wing.

i think he’s well suited too working in tight spaces, as well as making late runs in to the box personally. The goal yesterday came directly from us countering, having him play wide against any team that sits back would be throughly pointless imo. 

It's not just his footballing ability and his attitude but his personality is infectious, you can see how happy he is and how much he loves the fans.

Biggest man crush I've had for years and he genuinely seems like a great bloke and loving every minute.

10 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Looking back at the videos I'm surprised Tielemans didn't take Willock out when he went past him. Glad he didn't but he would have just got a yellow and Leicester a point.

Tieleman’s has been turned and burned like that before. Declan Rice did the same thing Willock did to him a few seasons ago. I don’t know if it’s stamina or just being slow but it’s a weakness in his game. Lack of athleticism.  That type of thing doesn’t happen to Fabinho, Fernandinho, Milner, Henderson etc. 

Its the same thing I was concerned might be an issue with Bruno too. 

Someone said ‘what elite CM has pace’. And I think pace is the wrong word - athleticism is better. Luka Modric, KDB, Fabinho, Kante, Vieira, Pogba, Keane etc.  

Didnt watch yesterdays game. 

Edited by The College Dropout