Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

You know I think that’s a decent shout, it’s been pretty forgotten just how dominant he actually was for them. Like you say he had all the tools and frequently put them together for Spurs. I can get behind that one tbh. 

Here’s another. Ricardo Carvalho made JT look a much better defender than he actually was and Carvalho is one of the best CBS the league has ever seen imo 

Always thought this. Carvalho is one of the best defenders to ever grace the Premier league, had the lot, ridiculous recovery pace and acceleration, classy on the ball, great in the air despite not being a monster and the absolute king of the dark arts, so so good.

How does Bruno compare to previous midfielders we've had? Obvious comparisons to Cabaye but how does he compare to the past legends of Lee and Speed? I love Rob Lee but I honestly can't remember how good he was. 

Just now, Adam said:

How does Bruno compare to previous midfielders we've had? Obvious comparisons to Cabaye but how does he compare to the past legends of Lee and Speed? I love Rob Lee but I honestly can't remember how good he was. 

Tony Green!

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

He’s a better player than Cabaye 

Guest HTT II

I’ve said for ages Carvalho was a much better CB than Terry, vastly underrated and one of the best ever of the PL era!

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Rob Lee had it all, very underrated. Lacked real pace and flair and genuine top level technical ability, but could do everything 8/10 mostly. 

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He’s some boy. His weight of pass is so nice 

To even attempt that pass so close to the touchline and on a chest and volley is ridiculous, but to perfect it is, well, insane… pass of the season there for me!

Guest HTT II

To get the spin on that ball so it didn’t go out and could come into an on running player at the same time at the same kind of trajectory and pace on landing from the hit is perfection. And he did it in a split second from a random chest down and close to the touchline. Sublime!

Edited by HTT II

Guest reefatoon

Signing a few more of this calibre player in the summer will be absolutely amazing. Can't wait for it, it's going to be the best pre season ever.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Rob Lee had it all, very underrated. Lacked real pace and flair and genuine top level technical ability, but could do everything 8/10 mostly. 

Never really noticed any lack of pace from Lee, always just struck me as a very measured footballer. None of the flash stuff or vision you will get from Bruno, but he had a striker's goal instinct which was worth it's weight in gold by itself. If I was going to compare him to anyone it would probably be Lampard.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Never really noticed any lack of pace from Lee, always just struck me as a very measured footballer. None of the flash stuff or vision you will get from Bruno, but he had a striker's goal instinct which was worth it's weight in gold by itself. If I was going to compare him to anyone it would probably be Lampard.

He couldn’t beat a player or two, but then didn’t need to as our passing did that and he was Lampard before Lampard was born. So underrated was Lee.

Lee is still our best value signing of the last 35 years imo.  He was the best all-round midfielder in England for about 18 months.

Edited by Sima