Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, BoSelecta said:

I know we can’t rebuild Rome in a day, but the first team and bench today really highlight our lack of quality in the depth.

100% - especially in Midfield. 

Just now, OpenC said:

Absolutely fucking insane :lol: we are clearly a one man team, fuck what Howe has achieved so far

I mean not having our best striker (wilson), our by far best dynamic midfield and passer (bruno g) and still having Miggy with dubious finishing does not really do us any good. Longstaff has shown that he struggles with the pace of the league more than once, Willock has not been able to get near his form. And Wood has no end product nor good at holding up or getting teammates in to space. So we are left with hoping that ASM has a bastard of a day, although Wolves wont play with IWBs so the space for him to run in to wont be there. We knew already that there wouldnt be a Wilson though, but losing Bruno G as well and for some reason not getting the paperwork done on Isak even though other clubs have been able to do it fast is a bit of a let down to say the least.

7 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

Thought he got a knock and was struggling at the end of the City match, meself! Definitely a bit silly to bring him on against the cloggers from the Wirral.

Yes, he went in for a ball he had 45% chance of getting. I was surprised he didn’t limp off afterwards.

6 minutes ago, worthy said:

I mean not having our best striker (wilson), our by far best dynamic midfield and passer (bruno g) and still having Miggy with dubious finishing does not really do us any good. Longstaff has shown that he struggles with the pace of the league more than once, Willock has not been able to get near his form. And Wood has no end product nor good at holding up or getting teammates in to space. So we are left with hoping that ASM has a bastard of a day, although Wolves wont play with IWBs so the space for him to run in to wont be there. We knew already that there wouldnt be a Wilson though, but losing Bruno G as well and for some reason not getting the paperwork done on Isak even though other clubs have been able to do it fast is a bit of a let down to say the least.

The negatives relating to the team and bench today are not lost on me; I just can't believe the way people are going on specifically about Bruno and a lad who has never even played for us before :lol: for months we've been a different class to anything we've seen for almost 20 years, that still gives me a bit of hope misguided or otherwise

Edited by OpenC

Just now, TBG said:

Wouldn't play him ever again for fear of getting injured. Same goes for the rest of the first 11.

Difference being, playing him against a team that is allowed to assault players for 90 minutes, the ref put the line absurdly high and it was written all over that we would get injuries, and what happened? Well they almost took two players legs out, kicked one guy in the dick, smashed one guys nose. It wasnt a football match anymore thats for sure.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Wouldn't play him ever again for fear of getting injured. Same goes for the rest of the first 11.

Dramatic much? It was a mistake to bring him on when we were winning against a set of league 2 cloggers that seemed intent on leaving a mark on as many of our players as possible, which has now came back and bit us in the arse. 

Just now, OpenC said:

The negatives relating to the team and bench today are not lost on me; I just can't believe the way people are going on specifically about Bruno and a lad who has never even played for us before :lol: for months we've been a different class to anything we've seen for like 20 years, that still gives me a bit of hope misguided or otherwise

Bruno G showed how much his passing, pressing and general midfield play upped our game by tenfolds. Longstaff wont be able to even come close to his level. Its a huge miss, especially against on paper one of the better midfield 3's in the league. He literally carried games for us last year and did the same just now against City with a yellow card to boot. Isak is a unknown quantity, but its not hard to assume that he would be better than Wood, I mean honestly the way he has played there are people in my local club that would most likely be more of a force than him :lol:. Wish I could be as up for it as you but the signs just dont look good when looking at it. I hope we manage to nick the win mind.

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

Difference being, playing him against a team that is allowed to assault players for 90 minutes, the ref put the line absurdly high and it was written all over that we would get injuries, and what happened? Well they almost took two players legs out, kicked one guy in the dick, smashed one guys nose. It wasnt a football match anymore thats for sure.

I think Trippier was lucky to come out of it unscathed. 

21 minutes ago, midds said:

If ever there was a game to keep him on the bench it was that one. Clear as day they were outclassed so they resorted to being overly physical to even it out a bit. He watched them break Lascelles' nose, snap Krafth's knee, attempt to break Darlow's leg in the previous 80 mins, what the fuck was he thinking bringing him on? That's turned out to be a very costly mistake, I know players can get injured in any game but knowingly throwing him into that situation was foolish. 15 points to play for before the International break ffs

Christ, forgot about Lascelles getting his nose broke. That game was just an abomination.

24 minutes ago, worthy said:

The paperwork has nothing to do with us, ffs.