Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Injuries can be expected throughout any season and it does hurt when it is a player like Bruno, what makes it worse for us is that the depth of our squad currently is poor and the squad replacement for Bruno seems to be Longstaff and he is really not good enough.  Sadly we will need to be an established top 6 team before we can attract good players who would be prepared to sit on the bench or fight for a place in the starting 11.  As we sit currently the squad is about as good as we can expect.  It is actually a shame about Shelvey, I would have been slightly more comfortable going into the Liverpool game with him deputising for Bruno.

Hopefully this week we will see some loan incomings, especially in the midfield positions.

Guest HTT II

We’ve got to accept we are going to get injuries to players, key players and not so key players and while we don’t exactly have the squad to quite deal with that, we do have a manager and character to minimise such setbacks. 

You forget to remind yourself just how thin and shite the squad was just a few months back. Looks like possibly one or two still to come, fingers crossed. 

Players below here for the long run and we know all do a job. Not bad going, but as mentioned, injuries will happen. Never thought we’d be at a stage where we’re not too far off strengthening our squad let along our starting 11. 

Wilson

Isak           

Saint-maximum 

Fraser 

Anderson

Joelinton  

Guimaraes

Shelvey 

Almiron 

Target      
Lewis

Botman      

Burn      

Schar  

Trippier

Krafth 

Pope

Dubvraka

Edited by Geordie Boyo

5 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

You forget to remind yourself just how thin and shite the squad was just a few months back. Looks like possibly one or two still to come, fingers crossed. 

Players below here for the long run and we know all do a job. Not bad going, but as mentioned, injuries will happen. Never thought we’d be at a stage where we’re not too far off strengthening our squad let along our starting 11. 

Wilson

Isak           

Saint-maximum 

Fraser 

Joelinton  

Guimaraes

Shelvey 

Almiron 

Target      

Botman      

Burn      

Schar  

Trippier

Krafth 

Pope

Dubvraka

I'd add Lewis to that in the sense I don't mind when I see his name in the starting XI - I know he is decent enough and young enough to still contribute. I'd also now add Anderson and Willock. Lascelles is 'ok' too, for now. 

That's 21 out of the 25 man squad. So we're four short of having quality depth. One high quality ST, one RW, one CM and one GK would change the game for us and give us the strength in depth to achieve our goals. 

31 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Also fuck Tranmere the woolly backed Wirral wankers.

That games cost us heavy and we may need to buy a rb now as trippier is clearly playing through injury at the moment.

Injuries are very very bad for us at the moment and that game alone injured krafth, Bruno and trippier.

23 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I'd add Lewis to that in the sense I don't mind when I see his name in the starting XI - I know he is decent enough and young enough to still contribute. I'd also now add Anderson and Willock. Lascelles is 'ok' too, for now. 

That's 21 out of the 25 man squad. So we're four short of having quality depth. One high quality ST, one RW, one CM and one GK would change the game for us and give us the strength in depth to achieve our goals. 

Would love to see Lewis step-up his game as it looked as though he had just before he got injured. 
Lascelles, will be in there for now, but I don’t think he’s good enough in the long run.
I’d actually prefer to see Fernandez there and I know he’s had injury problems, but I’m not sure if Howe rates him as good. 

Hopefully Anderson does come on well being a local lad, as the two Longstaff brothers have been disappointing, showing what they can do on their day, but then just not being consistent or good enough now. 
Really pleased with Almiron, but with Shelvey out injured and Bruno, Howe could bring someone else in there as we’ve got both Fraser and Murphy who can cover the flanks. I don’t think Murphy will be here in the long-run, but provides a bit of cover like Lascelles does at the back. 
if Dubravka does go we’ll definitely need someone else in of similar quality as back-up for Pope. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Wilson

Isak           

Saint-maximum 

Fraser 

Joelinton  

Guimaraes

Shelvey 

Almiron 

Target      

Botman      

Burn      

Schar  

Trippier

Krafth 

Pope

Dubvraka

Decent article on the status of the squad..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-eddie-howe-alexander-isak-b2154790.html

14 minutes ago, duo said:

We’ve definitely learned from the mistakes man-city made when they were taken over, which in turn leads to potentially European football and possibly silverware happening a lot soon than what they experienced. All credit to everyone involved at the club.  

….Wish I had a bloody season ticket…

Don’t think Bruno’s will be as serious as we think.

Liverpool echo had some different quotes.

“Guimaraes was scheduled to be involved for the clash against Wolves, but was withdrawn shortly before kick-off due to an injury. Howe later confirmed that the midfielder won’t be fit in time to face Liverpool.

“He has a slight niggle and I don’t think it’s anything serious,” Howe told The Chronicle . “We hope he won’t miss too much. Liverpool might be too soon.”

24 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Don’t think Bruno’s will be as serious as we think.

Liverpool echo had some different quotes.

“Guimaraes was scheduled to be involved for the clash against Wolves, but was withdrawn shortly before kick-off due to an injury. Howe later confirmed that the midfielder won’t be fit in time to face Liverpool.

“He has a slight niggle and I don’t think it’s anything serious,” Howe told The Chronicle . “We hope he won’t miss too much. Liverpool might be too soon.”

Withdrawn shortly before kick off? He watched the match from his living room. :lol: