Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, Jack27 said:

What?

On the verge of our biggest games in decades. Give a player who’s only been here a year a pay rise and cause a ripple effect amongst the squad. He’s got 4 years left approx on his contract. Sensible to do all contract renewals in the summer. Let him earn it getting us to a final and maybe even winning it along with top 4.

Absolutely no need to renew his contract now 🙂

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

On the verge of our biggest games in decades. Give a player who’s only been here a year a pay rise and cause a ripple effect amongst the squad. He’s got 4 years left approx on his contract. Sensible to do all contract renewals in the summer. Let him earn it getting us to a final and maybe even winning it along with top 4.

Absolutely no need to renew his contract now 🙂

Ripple effect through the squad? If anyone in the squad is sitting there thinking he doesn't deserve to be best paid they need rooting out. They should see being outstanding for the club gets rewarded. I do kinda agree dealing with contacts after season makes a degree of sense but it would hardly be a bad decision. Real Madrid may come in with £100m first day in summer and we can resist that better if he's signed new deal

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Ripple effect through the squad? If anyone in the squad is sitting there thinking he doesn't deserve to be best paid they need rooting out. They should see being outstanding for the club gets rewarded. I do kinda agree dealing with contacts after season makes a degree of sense but it would hardly be a bad decision. Real Madrid may come in with £100m first day in summer and we can resist that better if he's signed new deal

So now you’ve created a scenario that you are rooting out players who currently are harmonious and in a cup semi and 3rd in the league 🙂

He’ll have at least 3 years on his contract in the summer so it would make no difference either way if Real Madrid come in with a £100m bid 🙂 He’d have to force the move and we would be compensated with 20% going to Lyon regardless as well under contract.

Reward players at the end of a season and less distractions to performances it’s really that simple 🙂It’s only 5 month away.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So now you’ve created a scenario that you are rooting out players who currently are harmonious and in a cup semi and 3rd in the league 🙂

He’ll have at least 3 years on his contract in the summer so it would make no difference either way if Real Madrid come in with a £100m bid 🙂 He’d have to force the move and we would be compensated with 20% going to Lyon regardless as well under contract.

Reward players at the end of a season and less distractions to performances it’s really that simple 🙂It’s only 5 month away.

I mean i just don't think it will hurt squad harmony at all and i kinda if agree to keep contact stuff till summer but i just don't think it's a thing with criticising the club for it's a relative no brainer

15 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I mean i just don't think it will hurt squad harmony at all and i kinda if agree to keep contact stuff till summer but i just don't think it's a thing with criticising the club for it's a relative no brainer

You really need to think how agents think not just footballers 🙂

Theres not a single reason to give him a new contract now rather than access everyone’s end of season. That’s the sensible approach.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Didn’t we once announce two new contracts on the eve of a Tyne wear Derby once to try and boost the squad morale. Think we drew

Krul and Colo wasn’t it? Announced on the Saturday morning. And, yeah, late Shola equaliser the next day. 

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

You really need to think how agents think not just footballers 🙂

Theres not a single reason to give him a new contract now rather than access everyone’s end of season. That’s the sensible approach.

What if it's due to a club asking about his availability? 

Maybe it's to stop the transfer or to increase / remove the buy out clause from his original contract?

Would it not be better to get it out of the way now when he is in a positive place?

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

What if it's due to a club asking about his availability? 

Maybe it's to stop the transfer or to increase / remove the buy out clause from his original contract?

Would it not be better to get it out of the way now when he is in a positive place?

That will happen regardless of whatever contract he has if he’s playing well.

3-4years left on his deal stops any transfer. I don’t recall any buy out clause ever mentioned but if so he’s not going to leave this window when cup semi is the night the window closes so although the best argument someone’s come up up with there is still no need to do it right now IMO.

If he’s not in a positive place come end of season after all the videos and the club recruiting further this window something has gone drastically wrong.

Anyway it looks like it’s contract related if his agent is in on it. Wonder if the AG contract incoming has had a part to play or not if so.

@joeyt just for you… 🙂