Dan Burn

Rich

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Remember that chart the other day that had Schar at the bottom left for progressive passes and aerials won?

Dan Burn is in the top right (best) segment, next to VVD.

Schar. :lol:

I think this is a decent signing. Played alright when Ive watched Brightion. Watched him on an interview recently, he’s from Blyth and played for us as a kid I think. Also was a season ticket holder IIRC. Wouldn’t mind another CB if we get him like.

Just now, Chrisjraby said:

Hope we haven't gone from Botman, to Carlos, to Burn...

Would be good for squad depth, but surely not challenging for a start? 

I'd imagine he'd be first choice in the middle as things stand like, hopefully we get another though. 

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Last couple of games I have watched brighton, their central defenders have been outstanding as well as the spanish left back...

Aye I like the look of him, he reminds me of a pacier Jonas for some reason. I know nowt of Burn, however, or this Brazilian fella.

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Last couple of games I have watched brighton, their central defenders have been outstanding as well as the spanish left back...

How much of that is the coaching though?  Remember Longstaff looked like a world beater under Rafa......

14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He's first choice in one of the best defences in the country. ???

I'd hate to be a local lad playing for us with our fans like. Couldn't be further from the truth when the media spout they love their own bollocks. Too many willing for them to fail and say they're shit because they are from here

Mentioned him a few weeks ago as a player that would fit the bill.

Experienced/Knows the league

Would play for us if relegated

Local lad, won't need to settle

Coming from a passing team

Aerial threat

Low cost (which keeps our powder dry for other areas or even another centre half)

In all seriousness, we could end up with Burn and Phillips for what it would have cost to sign Carlos. From a building a squad point of view it might be a smarter move.

If we stay up, we will be in a much stronger position to sign Botman/Carlos.

Burn is such a weird player (in a good way) looks like he’d be your standard, sluggish, big-man center-back but plays almost as a lwb for Brighton. Deceptively quick too. Not super exciting but seems sensible enough for the prices being quoted.