Dan Burn

Rich

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's better than any if our current first choices :lol:

Feel like I've wandered into a parallel universe. Brighton have conceded almost half as many goals as we have, we might pinch one of their starting defenders for £10m and folk are being sniffy about it. Bloody hell. I'm glad I never look at most of the other transfer threads, I only came in here because I thought the price in the thread title was outrageously cheap.

Shift a CB and get Burn in, I'm all for this. The fact he's from here would be such a huge motivator, as if he manages to be part of this season's great escape, that'd be a huge deal for him. Get it done, then on to the next!

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Feel like I've wandered into a parallel universe. Brighton have conceded almost half as many goals as we have, we might pinch one of their starting defenders for £10m and folk are being sniffy about it. Bloody hell. I'm glad I never look at most of the other transfer threads, I only came in here because I thought the price in the thread title was outrageously cheap.

Agreed. I never used to believe it, but I'm genuinely starting think the 'if he was called Dani Burninho playing for Marseille...' brigade might have a point.

31 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Remember that chart the other day that had Schar at the bottom left for progressive passes and aerials won?

Dan Burn is in the top right (best) segment, next to VVD.

How far back do those numbers go? Is that for this season alone? Didn't see anything in the reddit.

8 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Your missing out on some seriously hot takes :lol:

I wish I had your self discipline not to read all the threads 

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Think it's an FM thing. People love the kind of signings they would make in the game and disregard the more shrewd sensible signings that are not always the continental flashy ones.

The guy is a 6 foot 7 centre back that is mobile and agile enough to feature at leftback/left wing back and get up and down the byline, not to mention the ability on the ball and passing ability to have played that position for a team like Brighton. 

Think he's going to look really good playing centre back in Howe's setup. It's such a good move at fantastic value.

I don’t think he’s that much of an upgrade of what we have. He’s looked ok when I’ve seen him but I think that’s more down to Potter and Brighton’s system. 

From Botman to Costa to this feels shite. 

I hope I’m wrong about him but would rather play Schar and Fede. 

Good signing at a low price, direct from one of the better defensive units in the league. Big lad too for set pieces in both boxes.

I work with a lad who knows his brother -  fun(ish) fact: Dan lost one of his fingers aged 13 climbing over a fence. 

Think we will be fine, especially since we are getting in Bruno. The fees quoted for the other CBs are insane. Reasonable fee for a player who is doing well. Once we get to the summer, we can look to sign younger CBs of a higher pedigree.

57 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Didn't know he was from round here. £10m would be a snip for him.

Aye I like him. He’s like the player Dummett should be. 

I don’t expect Dummett to grow another 8 inches by the way, I’m not that harsh.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

The more I think about this deal the more it seems like a really sensible move, going after better players like Botman and Carlos is great, but there is no guarantee that either of them don't require 6 months to get used to a new league let alone country, Burn while not as good as the previous two, is accustomed to the Premier League, is experienced, and will be able to jump straight in, I think if we where in the summer this would be a really underwhelming signing, but for now it could be an astute move.