Dan Burn

Rich

20 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Class, them two. Great craic. 

So good.

The Shearer stuff - loving the thought of ASM or Bruno running around shouting "SHEARERRRRR!" after lashing one in. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

What the fuck was he doing on that corner yesterday where he got booked? Seemed to totally lose his mind and was very lucky to not concede a penalty on multiple occasions.

Yeah he can cut that shite out. 

After his first few imperious games he seems like a regular liability to me now. Even in some of his big performances he was responsible for us conceding a goal.

In the build up for the corner they scored the first goal from yesterday he went completely missing. Went in to challenge Jesus when he was never going to get there and screwed up the entire defensive organisation doing so. He loses his head far too easily, which is a shame because he’s great for 89 of the 90 minutes.

Edited by Smal

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Home town club/passion I would

guess 

That was my guess... Silly... Needs to get it out of his system if so.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, jack j said:

Seen loads trying to overplay the local lad stuff

Hes hardly a Steven Taylor badge kissing type ffs

No relevant to your point, but seen Stevie T driving along jesmond road the other day.

Still looks fairly youthful.

He comes over in that video as a big personality and a good communicator. I can forgive the occasional rick, because the hesitancy has largely gone from our defending and I think he's played a big part in that.

You honestly kind of need local talented players to be within the squad no matter what, there’s a balance that needs to be there in terms of respecting the club’s role in the community and understanding the moments. Burn talking about his family emotions as he’s signing his contract, or the feeling he had on his debut, or the Arsenal match. I mean that type of stuff is infectious and something I hope this club continues to foster — and i think we will under Howe. 

Would be great to have a rotational prospect or starter at some point within the spine of the team - Burn, Longstaff, Anderson. 

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

You honestly kind of need local talented players to be within the squad no matter what, there’s a balance that needs to be there in terms of respecting the club’s role in the community and understanding the moments. Burn talking about his family emotions as he’s signing his contract, or the feeling he had on his debut, or the Arsenal match. I mean that type of stuff is infectious and something I hope this club continues to foster — and i think we will under Howe. 

Would be great to have a rotational prospect or starter at some point within the spine of the team - Burn, Longstaff, Anderson. 

And Forster for third choice? 

If Dummett didn't come up through the club he wouldn't be getting kept on imo. Possibly longstaff too. I think Howe is very intentional with rebuilding the bridge with the community which will be pivotal in making our Academy the place to be not just in the North but for players from all over. Local players that know the area are key as a PR/ambassador exercise.

BDB has been largely excellent though. Incredibly shrewd business. I rolled my eyes when I first saw the link lol.