Dan Burn

Rich

9 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Blergh. Happy to be proved wrong but I've seen Burn since his days at Darlington. 

He's done well to engineer this level for himself, but I just don't see a drastic improvement. IF we're feeling ambitious, I'd love us to go for the lad at Torino.

Bremer? Oddly enough, seemingly not been linked with us this window, despite him being good, a centre back, Brazilian, and built like a brick shithouse. He’s apparently on his way to Inter at the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Blergh. Happy to be proved wrong but I've seen Burn since his days at Darlington. 

He's done well to engineer this level for himself, but I just don't see a drastic improvement. IF we're feeling ambitious, I'd love us to go for the lad at Torino.

It won't be a drastic improvement, it will be a moderate improvement. Run before we can walk.

55 minutes ago, Sima said:

£25m for Chris Wood and haggling over a couple of mil for this cunt.

Fuck is going on?

Because the media can’t decide whether it’s 8m, 10m, or even if we are even in for him, most of it is made up bullshit until the player signs or doesn’t. Tripper was 25m at one point FFS [emoji38], they really don’t have a clue on the ins and outs of these bids, the fees, the terms or anything else, they just follow tenuous links and repeat and then say it’s close followed by its dead, then it’s on again, or they get a whiff of a link and claim this is the deal, this is how much and so on. 

It appears that we wanted to make that huge improvement in Diego Carlos, Botman, Badiashile et al, but found it hard to land our top targets. This is no doubt a short-term solution replacing Clark (done) and Dummett (permacrock, contract expiring). If the opportunity arises towards end of the window or the summer, we will make that leap.

I don’t mind signings like this, as it pushes the likes of Lascelles and Clark further down the pecking order you’d hope and should we go down, the likes of him and Wood, would boss the Championship. Dare I say it, this would be a very sensible signing. I must add, however, I can’t say I’ve seen him play to be honest.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

One’s a CB and one’s a LB? 

Burn's been described more as a LB from what people are saying here, although there does seem to be some opinion that he's been a left sided CB as part of a 3 man defence.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Burn's been described more as a LB from what people are saying here, although there does seem to be some opinion that he's been a left sided CB as part of a 3 man defence.

He's a centre back.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I seem to remember him playing LB at SJP a few years back and being all over the shop. View of the BHA gives me a bit more confidence but I always thought he looked off the PL pace.

He's better suited to CB and has improved his game in the last two years. Credit to him and Potter.