Dan Burn

Rich

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I thought they were great and covered each other brilliantly, yes they had a lot of balls in that area and looked to attack us down that flank, but rarely got in and behind.

Aye, they weren´t shit, but I still thought all the joy Liverpool got was down that flank.

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Aye, they weren´t shit, but I still thought all the joy Liverpool got was down that flank.

I’d call It the joy they tried to get…

So what does he have to do to get an England call up? Given some of the other cloggers that have a cap (say hello Michael Keane), surely he's good enough. He's also decent with his feet and versatile so you can't use the same justification that was used to pass over Lascelles in 2018.

It would be great for the profile of the club to other potential signings if he did.

This guy’s career is why I have hope that Willock can turn i to a decent player. Some pros to continue to improve throughout their career so that in their late 20s they’re better than when in their early 20s. Phil Neville a classic example for me

31 minutes ago, greydos said:

This guy’s career is why I have hope that Willock can turn i to a decent player. Some pros to continue to improve throughout their career so that in their late 20s they’re better than when in their early 20s. Phil Neville a classic example for me

I think it’s easier if you’re a defender though to improve your game or develop some consistency than for an attacker. You also have to, importantly, have a great attitude and Burn seems to have always had that. 

56 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This lad is a real leader though. Beating up team mates from not working hard enough. There's not many in that ilk.

I remember when Lascelles punched football into Mo Diame

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Is that the first time? 

Love the lad to bits. He's slowly evolving [due to the rapid evolution of the squad] into our weakest link, but fuck me I'm glad we signed him.

I absolutely disagree, the lads a rock and I think there is a method in the madness in playing him at left back, as it allows us to switch from a 4 to a 3 quite quickly and almost double up on the other teams forward players. 

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I absolutely disagree, the lads a rock and I think there is a method in the madness in playing him at left back, as it allows us to switch from a 4 to a 3 quite quickly and almost double up on the other teams forward players. 

I've said nothing that contradicts your reasons for disagreement.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He was poor today imo, very sloppy in his passing and got caught a few times.

There was a moment, early on where he was in a tight defensive position and gave the ball away, that I thought "Targett wouldn't have done that", but thought I was being harsh. Then he did it further up the pitch and I thought "fuck him, get Targett on". The beauty is they're both players that  i love to see in the team sheet.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I've said nothing that contradicts your reasons for disagreement.

You said he’s evolving into the weak link and i was just saying I disagree and giving my reasons why. I think it’s ignorant to say you disagree with someone but not give the reason why you disagree 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You said he’s evolving into the weak link and i was just saying I disagree and giving my reasons why. I think it’s ignorant to say you disagree with someone but not give the reason why you disagree 

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

[due to the rapid evolution of the squad]

maybe I meant most replaceable, I dunno. Definitions are changing week to week.

Edited by Happinesstan