Dan Burn

Rich

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

In an attacking sense, he’s our weakest player every single game 

This was very obvious today when Gordon came on. As a left winger, there were times when Gordon was just waiting for Burn to make an overlap or a run, but Burn wouldn’t make such a thing. Since ASM has been injured, we haven’t had a real left winger play to feel this weakness. Most of our play was from Almiron/Trippier anyways. 

I know what some would say, our defense has been solid with him as a fullback, but so was our defense when Targett was available even before signing Pope and Botman. Targett coming back would definitely improve us. 

Edited by Solitude20

His defending is still quality. But he is really annoying me on the ball now. 

Not his fault, he is out of position and has filled in admirably and been quality most the time. But I feel like teams are happy to press and mark other areas and leave him as the only easy out ball from the back. As he is just slow with it, gets caught in possession and his passing is often risky or inaccurate. 

He played 2-3 horrendous passes inside tonight that could have cost us a goal. Really risky and were never on. 

I know we want to build from the back. But we are nor afraid to play the percentages and go direct quite a lot. So when he plays those passes, I find it odd.

15 minutes ago, 80 said:

Was aching for Targett today. Thought he put us under defensive pressure a few times and made teammates look bad.

That cross near the end where he ended up overhitting it by about 10 yards summed it up pretty well. He's game as owt, but he's not a left back.

15 minutes ago, 80 said:

Was aching for Targett today. Thought he put us under defensive pressure a few times and made teammates look bad.

I always felt a bit sorry for Targett, he didn't do anything wrong and lost his starting place. I still feel we need an upgrade on the left, otherwise we can look a little one dimensional, with most of our play going down the right. 

Bloody hell, he wasn’t the reason we didn’t win today and I don’t think Targett would have made any difference. We all know what Burn brings and he’s been a huge part of the defensive unit. 

I’ve been hugely impressed with Robinson from Fulham; it depends what you want from your defenders and the understanding they have as a unit. 

We’d have probably won today if Bruno had played, we lost control in midfield.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Targett would have been a much needed attacking option to Burn today.

This. Though I’m guessing he’s short of fitness but even if he wasn’t he’d probably wouldn’t of been selected. I’d like us to possibly adapt lineups for the more winnable home games.

Lot of heavy legs all over the pitch it feels.

Said in the other thread, but I find his overlaps abit irritating. He seems to get in the way some times and drags more defenders towards the winger. I'd rather he just stays out the way if its maxi or make a more intelligent movement to either receive the ball or pull a defender a way.